Hi!

I'm totally stuck at the moment, would be amazing if somebody might know something about this clock setup issue!

I'm trying to sync Pamela's NEW Workout with my MFB Tanzbär 2 drum computer's clock. I have Mutable Instruments Yarns as my MIDI to CV interface.
Yarns layout is set to 2M: 2x monophonic. MIDI notes and gate info are received via MIDI from the Tanzbär sequencer to Yarns Note CV 1 - 2 and Gate 1 - 2 outputs, this works fine.
I have the MIDI Clock and MIDI start CV outs on Yarns patched to the Clock and Run CV inputs on Pamela, but unfortunately neither is Pam started or synced to the Tanzbär's BPM. I tried messing around with the clock settings on Pam, like the PPQ etc. but Pam's BPM remains fixed on 300 BPM, and refuses to sync or run.

I have a feeling I'm totally missing something here I'm overlooking?

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Oh yes I forgot to mention that I set Yarns clock to external.

I have no experience with any of these modules, but I am familiar with clocking issues. Maybe these tips will help you find the problem.

Clock signals are essentially short triggers, so you could make a clock source yourself by creating an on/off signal of approx 5 volts. A square LFO can be used for this, or manually triggering something like a short envelope should work.
Patch a temporary manual "clock source" into Pam's to see if it responds to this the way you expect. If not, the problem is likely on Pam's side. Maybe you need to change some setting to make it listen to external input as opposed to the internal clock.

Ideally, patch the clock/reset output of Yarns into a scope or something that shows you the voltage from Yarns. If you don't have a module like this, create a basic patch to see if Yarns actually puts out a signal: clock/reset into a short envelope generator (sustain all the way up, short/medium release), envelope to a VCA's CV in, add any audible soundsource (noise or somthing) to the VCA input and route the VCA output to your mixer/output/speakers. Is the envelope being triggered, do you hear any sound? If not, the problem is probably in the MIDI output settings of the Tanzbär or the midi input settings of Yarns.
Try to connect the MIDI OUT of the Tanzbär to another MIDI device and see if that works.

Good luck!