Hey I‘ve just come back to MG after a while and noticed that a few fairly recent Mutable Modules have been discontinued, notably Marbles and Shades 2020 Version.
I knew this had been coming but it seems so soon. So does anyone have any concrete Information by when all of the Modules will be phased out?
I guess it‘s time to start collecting. Would rather not pay 600€ for Factory Marbles in 5 Years time.

I'm fairly certain the only one who really knows is Emilie...

discontinued means that the last production batch has been shipped, so there should still be stock in stores for a while... maybe...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Very doubtful...I would HOPE! Actually, this resembles what happened when Clouds got discontinued. A few years pass...and then we got the even more powerful Beads. Emilie's just trying to keep up with that good ol' Moore's Law, I'm betting.

Very doubtful...I would HOPE! Actually, this resembles what happened when Clouds got discontinued. A few years pass...and then we got the even more powerful Beads. Emilie's just trying to keep up with that good ol' Moore's Law, I'm betting.
-- Lugia

Nah - Emilie has been saying for a few years she's getting out of the business - to go and do something where no one knows her history... and that Beads would be the last module... so I think it's over, unfortunately...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

That would be seriously bad news :-(

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

That would be seriously bad news :-(
-- GarfieldModular

No joke. Losing Mutable would be just....AAAGHH! I can see a lot of the reasons, too. So it makes some sense on a basic level, but still...damn...

yeah... sigh...

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

this user has left ModularGrid

I found out about this on Synth Anatomy. Sigh.

I wonder if she will open-source any more of the designs. That and Reverb seem to be the only remaining options for new MI modules.

I really am sad bout that, I wish her a lot of happiness in her (new ?) adventure..

Hi All,

Yeah that article on Synth Anatomy says it all :-( Thank you Jtunes_ia for sharing that with us.

Well of course for a few more years one can buy Mutable Instrument modules on the second hand market and some companies might even start to make some of MI-modules in their way (that already happens), since it's all open source but that doesn't really solve the issue here...

The fact is that if soon Mutable Instruments doesn't exist any more, is that we are going to miss that special way that Emilie had of thinking of new modules and how to use them. For me, Mutable Instruments, is one of those few interesting brands that have a slightly different approach. It's not really your daily common straight forward to use module, say like a Doepfer. With Doepfer, for example, an LFO is "just" an LFO. I am not saying that that's bad, no not at all, I actually like that, hence I am quite a Doepfer fan. However Mutable Instruments gives us that extra humph, those extra interesting "bits" to modules and that typical Mutable Instruments' way of approaching Eurorack modules that no other brand can or does like Mutable Instrument does.

Make Noise reminds me a bit of that but it's still different.

So, sure, for a while don't worry, on the 2nd hand market you still can buy Mutable Instruments modules but the saddest part of this news that Mutable Instruments will stop to exist is that there will be no longer new interesting modules coming on the market with that kind of "interesting way of creating a Eurorack module" like Mutable Instruments did.

I am not even saying that Mutable Instruments is the best Eurorack brand in the world, no I don't think so, but that funny and bit weird angle of looking at it and creating new modules, that's what I am going to miss if Emilie leaves us here in the dark ;-)

Mutable Instruments and Emilie will leave me with that as bitter-sweet memories.

A very big thank you to Emilie (if she's member here, I don't know) for those modules you have made so far and enlighten us with. Sorry to hear that you will leave our Eurorack synthesizer "world" but of course I wish you all the best in the future, whatever your plans will be.

In honour and with huge respect, Garfield Modular.

Edit: Removed typo.