Okay...

I've reverted back to my original, original package based on an Intellijel 7U Performance case. Having more than one box defeats the purpose of this build, so the x2-Doepfer-cases (or similar) idea in not an option. It has to be small so as to be mobile.

The functionality of my Doepfer (ModularGrid Rack) system is mostly retained... mostly.

There are some compromises.

I reinstated my original, original first choice for a stereo filter - the MCFx2. It's all anal-log, is reasonably priced, is fairly compact, has built-in attenuverters and can be driven. The Rample does have filters so I figured I could live without the Ikarie for now.

The Monosynth idea is mostly still intact albeit without the Twin Wave II. I replaced it with a very basic noise module. This is a shame. I could I suppose, switch the MCFx2 for the Ikarie and loose the noise module, which would free up space for the Twin Wave.

I've gone for the Cockpit so as to give me volume control over the sub mixers within the system and a headphone socket. However, as with my Doepfer system (see link above), if I swapped the Cockpit for x3 Mosaic output modules, I could defer summing to a line level mixer or audio interface. This would save a little cash, give me more outputs and generally be more useful for my particular purposes.

This system is far more compact than the Deopfer one. The Intellijel case also has more than enough power - unlike the Doepfer - very baaaaad Deopfer. :-P

Speaking of anal-log - I'm going to the loo.

K byeeeeeee

Here's an alternative iteration:

ModularGrid Rack

I honestly feel there's way to many Effects and Soundsources here to be supported by the rest of the Modules, for Example Beads can do a lot of stuff that Mimeophon and Data Bender can do (Plus it can be a Great Sounding Wavetable Voice). I really think the case is too small for all 3. I tried knocking things around a little and also made the Audio Path a little more understandable (to me at least). Top Row is now Effects, Sources, Modifiers, Filter and mixing, while the lower row is pretty much modulation and Utility only (Also notice Tides another Voice in Disguise).
Please consider getting the real deal Mutable Instruments modules in there if you can, they are amazing in
terms of playability (size) plus they'll be gone forever soon and Emilie will surely appreciate a little extra Retirement Money.
I srecon this would benefit from a few more VCA's tho..

ModularGrid Rack

PS: Take this with a Grain of Salt. I'm not the most experienced Person on the Planet obviously.

Edit: Just Read you're Original Post more carefully. If you're not too much about all the Modulation possibilities after all, maybe, for what you're trying to do, consider spending your 5000€/£/$ for a hologram microcosm, a Red Panda Tensor, an awesome Delay (maybe Tape?), a Waldorf M or Hydrasynth and a Polyend Tracker or Digitakt and mount them in a nice Case together if carrying is of concern. Because you can. Easily. and then some.

All the Best
Chris