Hi,

Lately I am having some fun with my arturia keystep arpeggiating atlantis in a very electro fashion style (some 808 and 909 on the background).

I've never really had a think about getting an arpeggiator in eurorack but I am now wondering if there are any good on the market.

Another option would be to pick up a Polyend Poly 2 to route the Arturia arpeggiator signal on different modules.

Anyone having fun with arpeggiators have any suggestions?

Thanks
Ciao
Mat

please explain how you think the polyend poly 2 will route an arpeggio from the keystep to different instruments...

I don't think it will work how you envision it - perhaps something like shifty would work better?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Jim

Indeed i was wondering if the poly2 would be able to do so but apparently it won't.

I will have a look at shifty.

Thanks

Shifty or any other shift register module should be pretty worthwhile for this. What happens there is that you've got a series of sample-and-holds in a row. When a CV comes in and locks into the initial register position, on the next "tick" it shifts the first CV to register #2, and the new CV value is in register #1. And so on. By doing this, you can build up chords out of the arpeggios...or just use anything as a CV source. Also, this is one of those things where having some Boolean logic can really come in handy.