So I got bitten by the Bug and stocked up on some MI Modules and now I plan to expand my existing 120hp Weasel into a 3u 84hp thing

I have two versions roughly planned out with a lot of DIY Options in them. I‘d especially love some feedback on the Mixing Section. Which would you prefer?

ModularGrid Rack

ModularGrid Rack

I prefer the bottom one, but I'd dump the ladik mixer and the blank panel and add another 4* mono channels or a 4*stereo channels depending on needs...

why? - tex-mix is expandable - and eventually you'll probably go past this small 9u rack at which point you can just add more channels modules as you need them - which is what I'm doing: I currently have 2 * 4mono channels and a 4stereo channels - and another mono channels to debug - currently squealing like a pig... and (3hp) douts are very useful!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I prefer the bottom one, but I'd dump the ladik mixer and the blank panel and add another 4* mono channels or a 4*stereo channels depending on needs...
-- JimHowell1970

Are you referring to the AI Matrix Mixer?
That‘s surprising in the past you were striking me as one of the big proponents of Matrix Mixers Jim.

-- JimHowell1970

Are you referring to the AI Matrix Mixer?
That‘s surprising in the past you were striking me as one of the big proponents of Matrix Mixers Jim.

-- Cangore

Haha no I was confused between the 2 cases - I mistook the AI Matrix mixer for the Ladik m-053 from the upper case...

but anyway I still prefer the bottom one - when you, inevitably, need to expand further then the tex-mix makes much more sense... as you can just add more channels rather than having to buy a whole new mixer!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities