I'm planning on selling most of my semi-modular gear and moving fully to eurorack.

I'm trying to design a versatile 3 row x 84HP rack (252 HP total) that is able to evolve and loop randomly generated melodies/beats. I also really like playing around with polyrhythm/polymeter.

I've left some 1 HP spaces between some different "sections" of the rack for ease of viewing.

ModularGrid Rack

please post a link to your public rack - i.e. the url... jpgs are shit when you want help - no infomatics, no-click through - there are nearly 10k modules... no one knows all of them!!!

micro versions of modules with trimmers instead of proper pots and knobs are not fun to play with - and there may be some new plaits available...

mixing solution looks poor - no real end of chain mixer... how are you going to monitor?

do you really need the mimetic digitalis and a quad quantizer when you have metropolix?

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Toss the mults. You only need buffered mults when you have to maintain tuning on a CV or something similar that would be affected by voltage sag. And once they're out of the picture, the regular mults can also go away, in deference to using some inline mults and/or stackcables. That'll get 8 hp back for use elsewhere, for starters.

As for mixing, I'll echo Jim's sentiment here as well...while also adding that, since this build depends heavily on two stereo modules for its voicing, you have absolutely no way of implementing those stereo paths via panning. There's no stereo mixer at the end where you might find an AUX send/return, or where you could just basically patch something like the Beads after the mixer and balance that via its wet/dry settings. Can't get much anywhere else with just the image, tho...

Thanks for the feedback Jim and Lugia!

I’ve changed the image to a link to the rack.

I was planning to use a multi channel desktop mixer to do stereo mixing, eq, and add light reverb/delay.

Would that be appropriate?