Anyone having issues with unstable pitch or pitch out of tune?

Have you checked to see if you've put the quantizer into the wrong scale mode? Microtonal scales can seem to be "out of tune", but they're not.

Have you checked to see if you've put the quantizer into the wrong scale mode? Microtonal scales can seem to be "out of tune", but they're not.
-- Lugia

That is not the reason, there is no microtonale scale.

Anyone having issues with unstable pitch or pitch out of tune?
-- atom29

I do sometimes feel like mine gets slightly out of tune, though it's close enough that I often can't really tell. According to the manual you should be able to recalibrate it by holding down the shift button while powering it up, but I've not tried it yet. Probably will once I tear down the patch I've got up right now just to try it out. I also notice that sometimes the module likes to boot up with the slew rate much higher than it was when I saved it last. That can make it sound like it's pretty out of tune depending on the patch.

Okay, took me a while before i got around to it but I actually checked out what was going on with the module. I found that the tuning was mostly on point, with one or two octaves slightly off, but the first octave was WAY off, playing something around an E when the module had 0V on the input.

Recalibrating the module seemed to fix the issue, but I'm thinking that it may have problems with losing data that should be in non-volatile memory given my issues with the module powering up with the slew rate set to the maximum value. Funnily enough that also happened when I booted it up in calibration mode, so I had to wait a bit for the oscillator to slide up to the new octave whenever I moved on to the next one.

I'm hoping it doesn't do this too much, it'll be annoying having to recalibrate it often. I'll probably reach out to Mosaic as well to see if they're aware of the issue.

this user has left ModularGrid

I've had two of these show up defective. The second time it initiated a modification of the firmware.
I would say you are gambling with the build quality when you purchase anything from Mosaic.