I created this yesterday after Shinzo Abe was shot and died. It's a requiem mourning the end of peaceful society, with autocracy and US libertarian inspired gun violence engulfing the world.

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

Mmm...I would be more inclined to think that everything started going to hell back in 2001, starting with Dubya giving away the budget surplus, and ending of course...well, yeah. Over on Reddit, on r/vaporwave, 9/11 often gets referred to as "the death of fun", and it really does feel as if that date was a sociological crater that we've never fully crawled out of.

@Lugia the roots were way further back...

Tricky Dicky and Reagan/Thatcher were particular low lights!!!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

We can discuss when the world really started going to hell. End of 19th century Vienna is a good candidate, too. As is the first election of Putin, the rise of extreme right in Europe (also here in Belgium) and now extreme left as well. Facebook has a nice role to play. As a former student of Japan and having visited the country many, many times, I was particularly shocked by the shooting of Shinzo Abe. The timing right after the string of shootings in the States really hit home. I don't think I've seen anything like it in Japan since the sarin gas attacks in the Tokyo metro in 1995.

Thanks for your opinions on the subject. Now, about the track.... ;-)

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

@Lugia the roots were way further back...

Tricky Dicky and Reagan/Thatcher were particular low lights!!!
-- JimHowell1970

Don't remind me. Ronnie got elected during the very first semester of my undergrad, and when that happened, I started making plans to change my degree path. I had been looking at a more academia-based model, getting the degrees and getting onto some tenure track somewhere, but I switched to the "plan B" of going back to TN, transferring to MTSU's Music Industry program, and getting some practical experience back in Nashville. Was probably the right move, as they went after the National Endowments first.

Interestingly, for all of the puffery about "smaller government", Reagan and his cronies only managed to eliminate ONE program in its entirety: CETA (ie: Community Education and Training in the Arts, a program intended to bring arts programs to the inner city, deep rural areas, etc). Says a lot, I think.