Been spending a lot of time wiggling and learning new modules and also how to manhandle this giant rack I now have. This just started out tooling around with Metropolix then trying to build something around what I was grooving to. Turned into a pretty big patch with lots of stuff going on. Too much stuff probably. Still trying to figure out the best way to compose a complex set of sounds into something coherent... Also, and crucially, I changed the gel on my overhead light from red to green. Sounds much cooler now. Cheers!

This is really great, very emotive in my opinion...I'd say you are definitely figuring out ways to compose a complex set of sounds into something coherent...really enjoyed listening.

What are you triggering the QD with?

JB

Thank you! Getting there…

That’s a good question. I’m using Pamela in this, but I’m not thrilled with it for this purpose - it’s not playable enough. I’ve been looking at various modules to drive the QD, and oddly I’m contemplating getting another Stochastic Inspiration Generator. Now that that patch has been destroyed I’m going to mess with SIG into QD and see what I can do. Euclidean Circles is also high on the list. Constellation looks interesting. What to do, what to do…?

I've really been enjoying Knights Gallop from Shakmat for controlling my kick snare patterns. It is super playable, but it only generates two triggers meant for kick and snare from one clock . I just built a Time Wizard from Shakmat as well and am using that for hats and melodies now and have only had a couple of hours use, but I am liking it so far. Joining the different divisions into an OR gate can reveal some nice patterns and its just a knob twist to change the pattern up a bit. I have also found the Sl3kt from WMD useful for switching between patterns on the fly, so you can have one pattern playing while adjusting the other pattern and then you can switch with the flip of a switch.