Hello everyone. I'm trying to figure out which doepfer modules are part of the system used by my favorite guitarist. On the left is all of Doepfer and part of the upper right side Analog systems. I'm just trying to figure out the doepfer modules. I'd like to number them left to right starting at the top, and clearly the first case seems to be all vco's with an envelope follower last. Any contribution is welcome. Thank you!

https://modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3796916#p3796916

I put this link because I don't understand how to place the images on this website

looks like all of them... hehehehe

copying someone else's modular will not get you where they are - the most important and unique part of the modular is the user...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I don't want to copy the sound. But he is very creative with those modules and it's interesting for me. I prefer a more contribution comment. Thank you anyway.

well that's one of the problems with posting on public forums... you don't get to set preferences for the replies you want, you just get what you're given...

looks like someone on Modwiggler tried to identify the modules better... although it's very difficult with partial and obscured photos..

good netiquette (or whatever it's called these days) suggests not posting the same question on multiple forums, at least until you've exhausted the relevant answers on one...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I don't want to copy the sound. But he is very creative with those modules and it's interesting for me. I prefer a more contribution comment. Thank you anyway.
-- FidlB

to some extent trying to copy someone else's sound can be a valuable part of the learning process... just as playing other people's music can be too!

btw saw your post on modwiggler - no "hate" here... but I do "hate" the hyperbolic use of the word "hate"!!! hehehe