I've been looking at the ADDAC804 Audio iInterface as a module to connect my iPhone to my synth for samples. Is anyone familiar with some other options to accomplish this task? Could it be done with the ADDAC200PI Pedal Interface or some other sampler modules?

The pedal interface won't work very well - as it reduces the volume to instrument level, which is considerably slower than line level... which is what the 804 will pump out... and you'd still need some sort of audio interface to connect to the iPhone (see below)

the other massive advantage with the 804 is that you only need a single dumb cable - which is a 3.5mm trrs (both ends) cable which shouldn't cost that much...

Any usb compliant audio interface will also work, whether in rack or out... although you'll only get stereo recording - and you'd need a usb to lightning converter dongle and the relevant usb cable - I use one of these with my es8, when I can find the dongle!!! the dongle is quite heavy though and it's difficult to get the iPhone to stay still on a tripod!

If you really just want stereo out of modular into an iPhone - I'd think the 804 is the simplest choice - if you want to also be able to use it with a computer, then I'd consider an usb interface with more channels (both in and out) and getting the dongle for the iPhone...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

For the iPhone, you will need the camera connection kit or the Lightning-to-USB converter to get a USB port. I'm using an iPad Pro with a built-in USB-C, which gives the same result. Both have the disadvantage that you're working on battery and your port is blocked so you cannot charge. For the iPad, I can use a charging USB-C hub and charge while being connected to USB devices. I don't know if such a solution is possible for the iPhone. It's important, because as you integrate your iPhone more into your workflow, you'll notice your battery drops very quickly and it's no fun needing to charge half way through your session.

Second - the best way to go is an audio interface. I tried the IK Multimedia iRig Pro Duo but I didn't like it. It's promoted as a mobile unit, but it's pretty big and only offers 2 channels (so 1 stereo, or 2 mono). They tease you with a very extensive software bundle, but forget about that. It's the hardware you want to be useful. If all you want is to play samples into your modular, it may be sufficient.

I also have a Motu M4 on my desktop, which has 4 channels, so it's a bit more flexible. I like it a lot as a basic desktop unit. But for modular, it's still limited.

In my modular, I have an ES-9. I should see if I can do more with it, but I'm using 8 channels from my modular to my iPad with a return to the ES-9 for monitoring. The ES-9 has a stereo 6,3mm dual-jack for that as well as a TRS 6,3mm stereo headphone out. In principle, it's a 16 in 16 out interface. I'm recording all my stems like that as well as the mix, in AUM. Connected via a powered hub that's chargint the iPad, it's a dream solution if you want a flexible connection between your modular and your iPad.

Modular playlist on SoundCloud