I'm looking to add a headphone output to my Eurorack as I'm currently just using a headphone attenuator to bring down the output to a level that I can use headphones with. It works ok but it is not a very elegant solution and it seems to crackle whenever I move the headphone cord.

Either the Pico OUT or the ALM HPO are on my list of possible options as each is only 3hp or 2hp. I was wondering if anyone had experience with either of these 2 modules and what your thoughts are? My only concern is that they may not have a wide volume range when used with headphones. I'd like to be able to listen at relatively moderate volume levels and I don't want a module that outputs just loud, very loud and super loud.

Note I read one online review of the HPO that said "that only about a quarter turn of the volume knob is needed to achieve ear-shattering volumes" which is why I'm hoping someone on this forum has real world experience with either of these 2 modules and can comment.

Thanks!

i have a HPO for sale that i dont need after getting a new mixer module

https://www.facebook.com/BrokenFormAudio

Got a Mantis Case and a Grandterminal+expander for sale,PM Me

Note I read one online review of the HPO that said "that only about a quarter turn of the volume knob is needed to achieve ear-shattering volumes" which is why I'm hoping someone on this forum has real world experience with either of these 2 modules and can comment.

To my knowledge, the achievable volume in headphones depends on the relation between output impedance of the headphone amplifiers and input impedance of the headphones themselves. Low impedance headphones will allow for more current to flow and the volume to be louder, vice versa with high impedance headphones. Check the manual/specs of both the module and your headphone set (and ideally the headphones of the user who complained) and decide accordingly.