It's a shame this module is twice the size it should be. What's worse is the knobs and jacks still run along both edges limiting placement among other modules. You have all that extra panel space for nothing. I don't get it.

WTF?!?!

there might be a lot going on on the pcb... so maybe it's a trade-off between depth and width and the developer had a large but shallow case... or maybe they hate shitty ergonomics...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

or maybe they hate shitty ergonomics...
-- JimHowell1970

Like any sensible synthesist should! Although, I'm betting that there's a lot of PC board real estate behind that panel. Formant filters aren't your everyday ol' ladder filter LPF.

Saw the new addition to the sigfile...

Looks more like they LOVE shitty ergonomics. Or more accurately they love anti-ergonomics. If you are incapable to laying out a pcb to be functional and ergonomically efficient then don't bother. Pushing jacks and knobs to the edges is just really lazy planning.

But, hey, you do get a stupid graphic of a face in profile.

I guarantee this panel will cost them potential sales.

go on then, mate, you try it...

therefore plenty of modules that have weird layouts, look at the Tokyo tape Music Centre - quite a few of their modules are 14hp or so with a few jacks and knobs at the top ad the rest blank...

I really think the only people who wouldn't buy this module, specifically because of the layout, are those who are so obsessed with functional density that it borders on a form of self-hatred...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

"those who are so obsessed with functional density that it borders on a form of self-hatred..."

Yeah, a 16hp panel with most of the space empty.

I don't have to try anything. I just won't buy. I have a formant fetish, own most others on the market, but will pass on this one. So there you go. One sale lost already.

I'm sure they're crying...

you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, or a module by it's panel - who know's it might be the best sounding formant filter ever... and you rejected it purely on looks... when it comes to music you should rely on your ears, not your eyes...

I can only assume modulargrid is your outlet for being a condescending douche. Anyone with business sense understands that loss of one customer is a signal of others less vocal. As far as the features, I am familiar with what it does. No magic here. Sounds nice but I didn't buy the previous version because of the lack of features. 3 CV inputs without attenuation when you have all that empty panel space. If you'd like to see a similar concept formant filter but with abundant features and good use of space check out Noise Lab Formantic.

I have the Modor formant filter which is a great stereo design and Limaflo Motomouth which is another nice one with a different approach. Both have dedicated, defined formants addressable with CV. Very useful.

and everyone with any sense at all knows that you can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time...

Replies "touche". Deep in thought for a few hours. Comes back and changes reply to more cliche garbage.

Dude, you clearly have nothing of value to say or real interest in this module. You are not part of a discussion. You are a bored troll. Grow up.

I could say the same to you...

let's shut the fuck up hey?

White flag! May I just confirm that Limaflo Motomouth is genuinely an excellent Formant Filter, with numerous adjustment possibilities. (And that this Grendel, surely very talented, is not about to win its international beauty contest either :)

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

I can only assume modulargrid is your outlet for being a condescending douche.

-- Precarious

Dude...calm down. Take your meds...or SOMEONE'S meds. Whatever works.