I just published my first EP produced and partly mixed on modular. It has two tracks in which I remember traveling northern Japan, matsuri, taiko, and nature. The next two tracks are a serious reality check of what happened since. You can listen to it on BandCamp. Feedback is welcome! https://arrandan.bandcamp.com/album/early-works-reminiscences-of-japan

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

Nice tracks, beautiful travel diary. Very interesting cross between European and Japanese influences.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Only listened to the last track - as it was the one that came up first on the player - good stuff!!

Was busy with other things today - I'll try and listen to the rest tomorrow!

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Arrandan,

You are pampering us with an album, great! I am now at track 2 and that has a great start, it glues me to my chair and can't let go :-) I will continue listening after this comment and see what else good stuff you have done there! :-)

Thanks a lot for sharing this with us and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Thanks for the nice comments, it's appreciated! It feels a bit like the end of a period as I'm getting to grips with the basics and moving on to more complex stuff like generative and more complex modulation. So I felt the time was right to close it off with a publication. I don't know where I'll be going from here (part of the human condition, of course) and I might stick near the same atmosphere with more complex technique, or pursue something different. We'll see! But one thing is certain - I could not have done it without this website and forum!

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

Sounds great, love it!

Thank you for sharing!!

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche