Hi folks,

I am looking for a module that can do the following:
-- take several (let's say 2 to 8) DC or AC signal inputs and route them to 1 (or more) outputs
-- have signal pass behavior driven by trigger inputs, such as from any normal trigger sequencer
-- triggers would "latch" causing the last triggered channel to be routed to the output

What this would let me do is to use trigger (percussion-type) sequencers to sequence other CV or audio. This would be different from normal switches in that i) it would accommodate lots of channels ii) it would not be "sequential" but rather trigger-per-channel selectable iii) switching would be driven by triggers (e.g. not continuous CV signal in like an LFO).

Any suggestions for a module that would work in this instance? I have looked around online and not seen a good solution for this.

Appreciate any ideas you may have!

Nicholas

Acid Rain Switchblade seems to do what you're looking for. It's discontinued now, but you may still be able to track down a used one.

I’m not sure if these are exactly what you want, but I would suggest looking into Noise Engineering’s Vice Virga and WMD’s Sequential Switch Matrix as potential ways to get to where you want.

EDIT: Have you considered an arpeggiator that allows you to step through arpeggios with triggers? Shakmat Modular’s Bard Quartet accommodates four independent channels of this (the quantizer in for each channel becomes a trigger in). You can set the scale and arpeggiator pattern independently for each channel. It is also quite easy to switch between saved scales and edit the current one. Each channel can alternatively be used as a quantizer as well with the possibility of changing notes with a trigger at the gate in, which can be turned on or off for each channel.

I know this isn’t exactly what you were looking for, but perhaps you could get similar results, depending on what you’re going for.

There is also ADDAC System’s Intuitive Quantizer that allows you to trigger note changes for each of the four channels completely independently, but it doesn’t have many of the other nice features and UI that the Bard has.

I’m thinking mix your signals together (and adjust to taste at will), feed them into the quantizer, then trigger the note changes with the quantizer.

both the doepfer ones do this - it's kind of the definition of a sequential switch

a-151 is 4hp and has 4->1 or 1->4 switching capaabilities

the other a-152(?) is much bigger and has 8->1/1->8 and a few other tricks up it's sleeve

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

A few others come to mind here...there's ALM's Boss Bow Two, Klavis has the Mixwitch, Mystic Circuits' Tree, and Alyseum has their SELECTOR...which can be expanded to an utterly bonkers 64 I/Os.

Hi folks, thanks for the suggestions!

I can offer a little more explanation of what I'm looking for: let's say I have 4 input signals (audio or CV) 1234 and I'd like to output any 1 at a time. Yes a sequential switch would do that, and it would let me produce sequences like 1234, 2341, 3412, 4123. BUT that gives access to only 4 of 24 possible permutations of 1234 --> I'd like access to all 24, including things like 1324, 4132, etc. that can't be done easily with basic switches. A switch with CV-address like Doepfer A-152, BossBow2, or NE Vice Virga could access all potential permutations, but its driven by CV and would generally need to be CV sequenced to generate the flexible output I'm looking for. I have and use BossBow2, it's super, but it is not the right fit for this particular situation. Rather here, I'm looking to gain access to all sequential permutations of input signals, with selection driven by trigger or gate. Why? Because my trigger / gate sequencers are super hands on / intuitive / visual SO I'd love to get to use them in this type of setup and extend their functionality in my rig beyond the traditional use as perc triggers. Imagine hocketing anything in any pattern with the entire pattern immediately visible and touchable, controlled by Tiptop Circadian --> that's the type of outcome I'm looking for here. (BTW I'm updating the thread name to be hopefully more indicative of my interest here.)

Best fit trigger/gate controlled selector/switch I can find so far for these purposes is Verbos Sequence Selector (VSS): the setup is inputs to Signal Selector A (or B) and gate signal to Stage Select In. The bad news is VSS lists over $400, is 16HP, and this use case uses at most 30% of the module. SO I'm crossing my fingers it may be possible to find something that is basically the bottom half of VSS, with a lesser HP and $ footprint.

Net net, it's kind of a strange duck use case, and I'll go with VSS if there aren't lower HP / $s alternatives.

Thanks again for the ideas folks!

Nicholas

Addendum: some additional searching shows a few interesting "trigger / gate addressable voltage" sources, none of which are solutions for the exact use case above, but all could fit in other somewhat similar use cases:
-- Random Source SEQ8 XL Serge Sequencer
-- SPUTNIK 5-STEP VOLTAGE SOURCE
-- Xodes PV44

(Capturing these here in case its of interest to anyone else.)

... all told, Verbos Sequence Selector (VSS) or a smaller HP/$ version of its selector function would be my best fit solution in this case. If you know of any great VSS alternatives, please let me know, thanks!

Hi! I think that the bmc 045, matrix router is perfect for what you want, but you only can have 16 possible combinations - 16 presets-
G!

There could be something coming that does exactly that... and more!
(But that's a secret.)