Hi,

I don't quite understand why i have to set the modifiers at 4x to get the actual BPM. If i set the modifiers to 1x i just get the BPM/4.

PPQN looks ok.

What it could be? thanks

how do you mean exactly?

is this when clocking another (sequencer) module - in which case maybe the ppqn of that module is the issue...

or is it that you are trying to clock pams with 1/4 notes and the ppqn is set to 4 - try clocking with 16ths

or is it that you are expecting to trigger something like hats at 16ths?

remember bpm is 1/4 notes per minute not 16ths

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi Jim,

PAM clock is on 120 BPM. I am currently sending triggers to 3 sequencers (stepper acid, metropolix, cyrcadian ryhthm)

Output multipler are set a 1x.

The sequencers are running very very slow (30 bpm to my ears). If i want them to run at 120 BPM i need to set the PAM modifiers at 4x.

Thanks
Mat

120 bpm = 120 quarter notes per minute. you want to clock your sequencer with 16th notes, which is why you need to use the x4 outputs. it's doesn't matter how you multiply or divide the clock, it's all in 120 bpm.

Hi Jim,

PAM clock is on 120 BPM. I am currently sending triggers to 3 sequencers (stepper acid, metropolix, cyrcadian ryhthm)

Output multipler are set a 1x.

The sequencers are running very very slow (30 bpm to my ears). If i want them to run at 120 BPM i need to set the PAM modifiers at 4x.

Thanks
Mat
-- abstractrhythms

it sounds like your sequencers have their ppqn set to 4 (or some other value) and not one then, which you are expecting... 'clock' is often set higher to maintain stability

it's the same as if you want stable triggers, use a faster clock & a divider and not slow clock and a multiplier...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities