I'm working with a couple of musicians playing reeds and I want to be able to provide percussion, bass lines, and sometimes the odd countermelody. Please check my case and let me know what you think.

ModularGrid Rack

The concept is to maximize CV modulation that I can adjust, create, transform in realtime. The ability to save some sequenced things on the fly (and in studio) is also an asset. So I had MATHS, but found I couldn't justify the rack space to have that as the main CV source. I find it too 'brainiac' for me. I need something that I can set in motion and transform. Thus the Voltage Block in the place where MATHS used to be. Plaits, nRings, BIA, and FRACTURE are the main sound sources, with distingEX and/or Pique when they are not being used for other purposes. o_C (Hemispheres) will of course do whatever needs doing that the other modules haven't done. Although I have the classic two menu-diving modules (EX and o_C), I'll likely use them for their functions, turing and other stuff like that that is more or less set and go. Audio feed from my Zoom L-12 mixer will be the sound source (my reed musicians) for MORPHAGENE, possibly mixing that signal with mixup #1 sources from the rack. Control is Voltage block, Pachinko, Tempi, (and/or distingEX, Pique, o_C if needed).

So far I have had great success just using what I currently have, which is the rack I link to above without Pachinko and Fracture, nor the AfterLater little line sum at top left.

Due to the evolutionary compositional concept, my main sequencer is now the Torso T-1 desktop module, which I have controlling the pitch modules (Plaits, nRings, BIA). I need Voltage Block and Pachinko for percussion.

By the way, audio out goes to 1010 music bluebox, where other synths are also patched in for use in larger setups. For using the rack standalone, I am relying on the Beads reverb as my endpoint. I realize this is a bit limiting, but I do have an H9 and/or STRYMON nightsky for final processing of the audio out from the rack.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

John