Hi,
Dieter from Germany here (a different Dieter of course). I'm starting with modular again and eventually came up with this rack (MI modules will be replaced by clones). My musical style is rhythmic, repetitive, semi-composed / semi-chaotic; sort of heavily cranked up Berlin school.

I'm going to perform live as well as record on my beloved Bitwig via the optx and I'd like to have an all in one portable package.

I'm interested in your opinion. Did I miss something? Thank you!
ModularGrid Rack

Hi Dieter,

Both the BIA and 4ms Ensemble will benefit greatly from attenuation on the inputs. There is no built in attentuation on the BIA, and only some of the inputs on the 4ms Ensemble are attenuated by the module itself. I've got attentunation modules next to both of these in my setup.

The OPTX works great with Bitwig for sending additional pitch, modulation and triggers to your rack. But the inputs are AC only - works fine for triggering Bitwig from your rack, but you'll need to use the Grid to modify incoming CV signals to get Bitwig moulations that are related to those coming in from your rack.

Have Fun! Martin

Hi Martin,

very helpful, thank you! I think I'm going to replace the Ruina with two WMD 4TTEN then.

And yes, I'm aware of the limitation of the OPTX inputs, but that's not a problem for me as I definitely want to avoid the integration of the software part again. That's why I'm coming back to real synths in the first place. I'm going to record and remix the audio tracks on Bitwig though.

Thanks again!
Dieter