I start the modular. I need feedback on what I want. Can you give me your opinion ?
thank you

ModularGrid Rack

You are missing some VCAs, thats my first impression...

You need way more utilities and half the oscillators. Think Mixers, Logic, Offset, Attenuators/Attenuverters. Also just because eurorack has he same mounting and power requirements doesn't mean that everything will work best with each other, as everything has a different voltage range that it works best in (for instance maths puts out 10v slopes while the 4ms puts out 5 volt slopes.

If you're just starting I'd pick one company to make a system that's AT LEAST a third smaller than what you have.

If you're just starting I'd really spend at least a year with a Make Noise O-Coast and an O-Control (and maybe a really nice delay/reverb pedal) and ONLY think about a full rack after you've mastered those things. You'll have a LOT of fun with that set up.

I speak from experience, your knowledge and research is worth way more than a rack full of reddit favorites that you don't know how to use yet.

I'm going to remove the sto so that I only have the honda piston and the Plaits. I'm going to remove the overdrive, I think it's a bit of a whim. And inquire for utilities. do you have modules in mind ?

I think the manhattan modular MVP has a lot of utilities built into one.

Also a Matrix Mixer would be a great addition, and give you a lot of feedback patching opportunities, something like the 4ms vca matrix, which will also take care of a lot of VCAs

I would also highly recommend the Joranalogue Morph 4. It just seems like a keyframer/crossfader but when you get in deep it becomes way more than the sum of it's parts.

Look into logic gates as well.

If you're new this all may seem boring but I assure you, utilities are actually the stars of the show.

I thought about it and I will follow your advice. I will add the matrix mixer and the Morph 4. Do you know if with the matrix mixer I can patch my eurorack system with external effects? With the Lyra 8 for example.

I thought about it and I will follow your advice. I will add the matrix mixer and the Morph 4. Do you know if with the matrix mixer I can patch my eurorack system with external effects? With the Lyra 8 for example.
-- timtoum93

Nice! Definitely follow the patch examples of the Morph 4 on Divkids channel when you get it. I loved using it as a waveshaper.

You will be able to use the matrix mixer for external effects but you have to be gentle with the attenuators as modular level is way hotter than line level. I know many pedals are able to take modular level fine, like my neunaber, but some don't. A pedal interface wouldn't be a terrible idea.

Already done for divkid 😊
Like ALM S.B.G ?
Thank you very much for your advices !!

Hello,

Instead of the doepfer VCF, I would go for the Intellijel Polaris.
Instead of Ochd, I would go for the Abstract Data Octocontroler.
Personnaly I'm not fan of Pamela New Workout (I know I'm going of offence a lot of people), I prefer the Expert Sleepers FH-2, it does more.
Instead of Dual FX from Erica, I would go for the FX AID PRO from happy nerding
Instead of Triplatt, I would go for the Befaco STMIX and add the Befaco A*B+C for the logic part