Wanted to go dawless.
This rack is meant to go with a MPC live 2 and take advantage of the sampler/sequencer/Drum machine/cv generator/vst synth/etc. Hence the need for a line in and out and the absence of sequencers.
There is also a keystep pro to compliment this build and sequence some more.

Hi,
At first I would add some VCA's and a mixer for the different voices. Maybe also an attenuverter to mix/manipulate the different CV's.
BR

why scales when the output of the moskwa is already quantized?

2 large filters but a shrunken plaits?

are you intending to sequence the poly cinematic using midi from the mpc? if not, I would want a sequencer with many more channels - at least 2 for this (on top of at least 1 other - for the t-sl and beehive) - root note and chord type will want to be sequenced

I'd definitely want more mixing (as suggested by @farranadsr) including mono (with panning) and stereo inputs and a stereo output (preferably one that can be limited to 'line level-ish' to avoif the i/o module (veils has enough gain if you need an input) but I'd also suggest that 2 voices (vco + filtter) is too many for this case and that realistically 2 + support modules (envelopes/vcas/mixing/logic/slew/attanuation/etc etc) I'd also want to leave space for more vcas - once you realise they can be incredibly useful for modulation as well as audio you will want more of them

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Get ready for your mind to be blown.

Check out the ES9 (or another class compliant audio interface) to use with the MPC Live 2.

https://www.modwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=263482

below is copy-paster from OP (Crevice) on the Modwiggler thread:

• The MPC one as a mixer for all ES9 inputs, with volume control, mute, pan, and effects. You can can control the volume with the qlinks, add effects, compression, etc. Similar to aum on the iPad, but with physical controls and knobs.

• Record your live jams, with individual tracks for each input. Then use the MPC export function to send stems to your daw for further mixing.

• Send 8 separate outputs of the MPC One to the ES9 outputs and then patch those to various modules, I love sending samples to morphagene, beads, Panharmonium, etc. Also, it's very fun to use the splice functionality and send splice samples into morphagene and create reals.

• The obvious one, but sample all of your various es-9 inputs, chop em up, mangle them, and then send them back to your modular world for effects. All over 1 single USB cable.

It really works amazing as a little brain to feed audio to your modular setup and accept audio from it, without needing a computer. Also they added some good piano and string plugins, so I've been recording loops with those and sending to my modular effects as well via the ES9.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Hi,
At first I would add some VCA's and a mixer for the different voices. Maybe also an attenuverter to mix/manipulate the different CV's.
BR
-- ferranadsr

Definitely. I intended to use veils as a mixer but as we know we never have too many vca's. I will update this.

why scales when the output of the moskwa is already quantized?

2 large filters but a shrunken plaits?

are you intending to sequence the poly cinematic using midi from the mpc? if not, I would want a sequencer with many more channels - at least 2 for this (on top of at least 1 other - for the t-sl and beehive) - root note and chord type will want to be sequenced

Very good observations. I'm using a keystep pro as well for the sequencing. Also, Moskwha is also a sequencer so I believed that my bases were covered with the mpc added to that mix. The Large filters can also be used as oscillators and voices and I wanted at least 2 and wanted them to be fully cv controllable with Q parameters so I believed it justified the hp's.

As for scales, I wanted to be able to generate more than 1 melodic pattern using cv's from the different sources. That being said I agree that it might be overkill. Mokswa might be able to handle it all but I didn't want the sequencer aspect of Mokswa to be tied with scaling if I wanted to use it as a sequencer for something else but I might be wrong. It was definitely the module I might have gone without so removing it to make space for some attenuverters/vca's as everyone suggested would make sense.

Get ready for your mind to be blown.

Check out the ES9 (or another class compliant audio interface) to use with the MPC Live 2.

Excellent suggestion, I did consider the ES-9, It is amazing. The Morphagene is definitely one of the reasons I want a line in but its definitely way too costly for my needs at the moment. I might go that way in the future but for now being able to sent stuff in and out the rack line/rack levels is perfectly fine.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Hi,
BR

Definitely. I intended to use veils as a mixer but as we know we never have too many vca's. I will update this.
Yes, Veils is a mixer, yes, but if you use it to control the sound output of the different voices, you lose its functionality as a VCA and modulation source. For Audio I recommend a mixer dedicated to it, with its mutes, pan controls, its main output and its headphone connection, your neighbors and family will thank you.
-- Oroboros
Yes, Veils is a mixer, yes, but if you use it to control the sound output for the different voices, you lose its functionality as a VCA and modulation source. For Audio I recommend a mixer dedicated to it, with its mutes, pan controls, its main output and its headphone connection, your neighbors and family will thank you.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tesseract-modular-tex-mix-4-mono-channels
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/tesseract-modular-tex-mix-master-section
I have it installed, but it's my personal choice, good price, but there are many more options.
BR