Hello, how would you fill the last 8 hp of my case?

ModularGrid Rack

With a blank panel until you figure out what you need! :)
Seriously though, what functions do you feel you are missing, or what would you like to be able to do that you can't right now?

I'm already very happy with my setup. I mainly control my system with Marbles and Bloom and have a lot of fun with it. But I would like to get more into self-generated patching. Maybe a utility module?

Maybe a sequential switch of some sort? Doepfer makes a decent and inexpensive, but limited, one in 4hp, though there are many different ones that could offer some fun alternatives.

Hi FWGW,

If I haven't overlooked it and to my surprise, your rack doesn't contain any filter? So I would use the last 8 HP for a multimode filter. 8 HP isn't very much, by heart, Doepfer comes to mind but I am sure there are other interesting multi-mode filters that fit within 8 HP too. Another option might be the TipTop Audio - Forbidden Planet, nice little filter!

Otherwise stick with Farkas' advice to put a 8 HP blind panel first, till you damn sure where the last 8 HP will be spend for ;-)

Yet another option is to stick with the blind panel option but save the money you would have otherwise spend for an 8 HP module and keep saving money till you have enough money for a second case. Once you got that second case you can stop worrying about your last module because you have enough space left! :-)

Good luck with choosing a nice filter (or a fancy blind panel or saving money for another rack) and kind regards, Garfield.

For review reports of Eurorack modules, please refer to https://garfieldmodular.net/ for PDF formatted downloads

Dump the mult to add 2 more HP. Then there's 10hp... enough room for Zadar or one of the new Noise Engineering FX modules

:D

I agree with @GarfieldModular

blind panel and save the money towards a second case - that way you'll have space for some utilities - which appear to be sadly lacking from your case

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thank you for the nice suggestions. I also think that the last module choice will come automatically if I'm missing features for my needs in the rack

A filter isn't a bad idea... but the voices here (Doepfer, Rings, Plaits) also have filtration built in, plus there's the Optomix. So that might not be as pressing a need as it seems, depending on how you like to patch. (I know in my case I have several filters, but they're actually among my least-used modules, for exactly this reason.)

Zadar and a switch are also great suggestions. If you go the latter route, I'd highly recommend Noise Engineering's Vice Virga, which gives you a ton of options in 8hp.

rings works very well through a filter - or one for each output...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

I have already tried Zadar in a music shop in connection with different oscillators. The module is a lot of fun. For simple modulation I've always used Ochd and Maths. If I decide to buy Zadar I am considering taking Maths out of my case. Except for modulation, I actually use maths as an attenuator or simpler things. I still have Samara for these functions. I know that maths is the module for many but just because it's very common doesn't mean it's for everyone. I think that's the nice thing about Eurorack. If I notice over time that I'm missing a function that Maths can do, I still have space for modules that replace it. Does anyone have experience with Noise engineering´s Pons Asinorum compared to zadar?

I am considering taking Maths out of my case. Except for modulation, I actually use maths as an attenuator or simpler things.
-- FWGW

I always strongly suggest that anyone considering taking Maths out of their rack download the 'maths illustrated supplement' and work their way through it a number of times (ie more than once or twice) and concentrate on the what, why and how... Maths is way more than the sum of it's parts - but requires some effort to learn to self-patch it to get it to do more than the obvious surface functionality - the effort is more than worth it - as it will translate to a large extent to other modules and to modular patching in general...