Hi folks,

I'm doing some updates to my 19" audio rack gear. I love how the MG tool shows power consumption on draft modular setups. Do any of you know of a tool (or other easy way) to similarly calculate power consumption for other audio gear including 19" rack units? I've recently added SSL Fusion to my rack and want to check the totals won't overrun my power conditioner or circuit.

I would make a manual list if needed, but if there's a slick online tool, I'd be glad to use that. No good initial Google finds so thought I'd ask around. Not exactly a modular question, but similar ballpark... I'll appreciate any ideas you have!

Nicholas

I’ve never been too concerned myself. Power conditioners/ supplies are someone self-limiting in the number of receptacles available. In any event, if they are plugged in to the same receptacle box (unless they are split receptacles - unlikely) or in the same wall, they may be on the same circuit anyway.
Not necessary to overthink it, just use common sense and be reasonable.

@bopodoq thanks for the response above

Out of curiosity I decided to just look everything up, as my rack gear is not so many pieces. I found only half of my rack items list their power consumption, and the ones that do list a range of 30-70W with typical draw around 30-40W. I'm on a normal "home" circuit of 15A in the US (implying max load of 1800W and circuit breaker tripping around 1440W). SO it looks like, unless I have a giant power hog on the same circuit, I should be fine to run my updated audio rack.