I carefully followed all the instructions for the recent Plaits firmware update, but after days of trying I can't get anywhere with it. Definitely booted it up in update mode, ran the update via the model input, levels looked exactly where they should be. Same Plaits menu as previously, however, and no indication anything took. Seems like most people who described installing this had not that much trouble and a good result. So what could I be doing wrong? Very frustrating.

levels looked exactly where they should be. > -- ChrisfromDC

You can confirm the signal was sent correctly into the module and 2-3 of the top 4 LEDs were lit while the remaining bottom 4 were cycling green, yes? And the file finished playing? At any point during the process did all the lights blink red?

Note: After you're done playing the file it will automatically reboot and look exactly as it did—no obvious indications. You'll have to press both A buttons simultaneously (not hold them but not tap them either; just a generic medium press) before you have the ability to scroll through the presets sideways. Then you'll have to press left or right to get to the Orange models.

I have two Plaits and had a problem midway through the second when playing the file through VLC (it must have some kind of EQ or volume booster, audio algorithm) but no problem with either when just playing the file directly off my desktop. And yes, after it was done it looked like nothing happened. I had to press both buttons before I could toggle through the models.

That might help.