Hello fellow wigglers. I currently have the ALM mmMIDI module and I am thinking about swapping it out for the Hexinverter Mutant Brain. What I would like to do is use my external gear (Novation BassStation and Erica DB-01) to create arpeggio patterns and then send those patterns to my modular system. Would the Mutant Brain accomplish this?

ModularGrid Rack

if the external modules can output arpeggios via midi then yes - all the mutant brain does is convert midi to cv & gates

you will probably find you want/need to use a midi merge box of some sort so that the outputs from both external boxes can be combined before being sent to the midi -> cv inteface

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks (again) Jim!

Thanks (again) Jim!
-- isolatediguana

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Hi, check out the fh2 from expert sleepers
I was thinking about a mutant brain but finally bought the fh2 2 day ago :)

The brains IS only 4 CV and many trigger.
The fh2 IS 8 CV or Gate out. I think IS better for your use (and got many features)