I want a rack to make sounds that are Ambient/IDMish to cinematic noise. Sometimes generative.
I’ve owned the SV1B, After Later Eny, Filty, bOSC, DVCA, Black Hole DSP and Serpens Hydrus for around 2 years. My new acquisitions are Pam’s WO, braids clone, Spherical Sounds Vortex and a Qubit bundle deal. The middle 1u row is not owned yet.
Am I doing this wrong? I may punt the Erica DSP and an OScillator for more utilities?

I own:
Make noise 0 ctrl Strega 0 coast
Keystep pro
Beatstep
MPC 4000
MPC 2000xl
Mackie 1604
Lots of pedals connected to a patchbay
DSI Prophet 08
Roland JX3P
Ensoniq TS12
Roland S50
Korg M1R

ModularGrid Rack

there is no right or wrong way to do things... but you can learn from others experience and advice...

more utilities will give you more possibilities, but I'm not sure I'd necessarily remove stuff... I'd add more rack space, probably at least another 6u 84hp or 104hp - to house more utilities, modulation and filters - there's a lot of sound sources and effects modules in there and not a lot of modulation and utilities - which I'd want more of (and tbh will give you exponentially more versatility in patching than you currently have)

I'd consider swapping the erica dsp for an fx aid pro though - again more versatility - but I'd much rather have more filters, mixers (sub with offsets and matrix), vcas, etc etc etc - see my signature for hints...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

I'd add more rack space, probably at least another 6u 84hp or 104hp - to house more utilities, modulation and filters

Thank you very much for your time! You've stated the inevitable and I was trying to bend principle. Damn it.... perhaps everyone has attempted to confine their monsters in the beginning.

yeah - I think that's true to some extent for most people... especially if you aren't moving the modular around too much...

I started with a smallish case (6u 72hp) and was travelling a lot, then moved everything into a mantis - and then expanded back into the smaller case - and now I am stationary and have 9 cases for a total of about 1800hp - just over 6 years or so...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities