Does anyone know, if the Jolin Agogo's LPGs responses follow incoming enevlopes? I ask, because using envelopes as CV on the Takaab 2LPG, for example, does not work that way. Here, a longer attack only delays the opening of the vactrol: the vactrol opens and closes, when a certain threshold is passed, which can be done using an envelope (you trigger/strike the vactrol with the envelope, basically), while filter and volume responses are solely determined by that vactrol's characteristics. So, can I shape the response of the Agogo LPGs to have a longer attack and/or decay time, using an envelope as CV, like I can using the Ctrl input on the Make Noise Optomix?

Pretty sure it does. I've built one for a customer and checked with lfo's, manual cv, triggers and gates. Due to the nature of a vactrol, it'll need the incoming cv to rise above a certain treshold. The higher the incoming CV gets, the more it'll open the LPG. And of course: you can use a channel to process your envelope instead of audio, and use that output as cv for your audio channel.

Does anyone know, if the Jolin Agogo's LPGs responses follow incoming enevlopes? I ask, because using envelopes as CV on the Takaab 2LPG, for example, does not work that way. Here, a longer attack only delays the opening of the vactrol: the vactrol opens and closes, when a certain threshold is passed, which can be done using an envelope (you trigger/strike the vactrol with the envelope, basically), while filter and volume responses are solely determined by that vactrol's characteristics. So, can I shape the response of the Agogo LPGs to have a longer attack and/or decay time, using an envelope as CV, like I can using the Ctrl input on the Make Noise Optomix?
-- klngvrhltnss

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

Thanks for helping, @geusensdriesmusic. Yeah, after watching the few available videos about the module, I think it can do what I need.

It's an active (powered) LPG, not passive like the Takaab, so yes it works well responding to CV. However bear in mind that its response is logarithmic, so can be a little trickier to get the shapes you want unless you're using an envelope that has a good level of dynamic control.

Thanks, @pusha. Good to know!
Does anyone know, if the MN Optomix's response is linear or logarithmic? I can't find any information on that.

They are linear on Optomix.

Yeah, I think it'll work nicely. Like Pusha said, you'll need to try out differently shaped envelopes (exp/lin/log) to see what works best.

Thanks for helping, @geusensdriesmusic. Yeah, after watching the few available videos about the module, I think it can do what I need.
-- klngvrhltnss

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube