Hi,

I'm using a sequencer CV pitch & CV gate controlling a vco.

Question: which tool/patch do I need when I want to delay CV pitch. This means when the sequence is a 1/16 note the delay has a timing as where it a 1/8 note = "speed" of the output is 1/2 of the original sequence. When possible the amount of "delay" adjustable. Wonder if it is possible at all.

Thanks for replying.

Hi, are you saying you want the delay to happen only on every other delay?

Hi, thanks for replying... What I mean is dat when the sequence plays 1/16 notes the output of the delay has the rhythm of 1/8 note; this means there is a longer time between the notes but all notes are at the output.... So when its plays D-E-D-B in 1/16 the output is D-E-D-B in 1/8... While writing this I asked myself if it is possible at all, but on the other hand why not... At some time a sort of max is reached... Hope my explanation is clear... Thanks again for answering. Cheers, Jurgen

I'm afraid I still don't get it. So this is not about a delay effect as in echo. Do you mean to have the sequencer play one quarter note while the clock counts two 8th notes? That would simply mean running the sequencer at half the clock rate. Or were you talking about a swing or shuffle effect when you mentioned delay?

Also, what is the meaning of " I want to delay CV pitch"?
A CV has as (actually, is) a voltage, not a pitch.
Wondering...

Hi, it's hard 2 explain.... I made a drawing... So when my comment below ins't clear I can set you the drawing....

Sequence plays D-E-D-B-D-E-D-B-D-E-D-B-D-E-D-B- de CV goes 2 a delay that process the CV & the output is the same CV but in timing D---E---D---B---D---E---D---B---D---E---D---B---D---E---D---B--- this output goes 2 a VCO and produces the delayed melody...

Your remark "unning the sequencer at half the clock rate" should be the FX, the output...

I hope a bit less wondering :-)

So you want to run the same sequence at two different speeds, a given speed and than half of that speed, at the same time?

Hi, yip, that's it & half of the speed is a variable setting. Thanks for your patient understanding my goal. Do you think it is possible with a certain module, a patch or ......

Something like this:

[clock] -- [clock divider/multiplier] -- [seq2]
|
[seq1]

would do that.
Where seq1/2 are two sequencers playing the same sequence at two different but related speeds,
one being a integer division or multiple of the clock. That way you would be able to not only vary the speed ratio between your two copies of the sequence in a wide range but to do so in real time using a CV source like another sequencer (or LFO, envelope, manual offset, ...) while keeping the parts in sync.

Cool, sounds like an approach I gonna try... Right now patching my modular for an upcoming gig, after that I will try your idea & let you know how it works... Thanks a lot.

On my SoundCloud page all kind of Analog Sounds in a playlist, maybe you like some... they are free 2 use... On the main account you can find lost of "regular" tracks "https://" + "soundcloud.com/sonicrider/sets/the-analog-journey"

Do you have a page somewhere I can listen your work? Cheers, Jurgen

Not sure I properly understand what you mean, but it seems like an analog shift register would help you to achieve your goal, if you only want to "delay" a short sequence.

Just looked up what a ASR does & yes I think that can doe the job... A dive into the functionality a bit more. Thanks for the input & have a fine weekend. Cheers, Jurgen