Hello,
to complete my skiff a good addition would be a Random and S&H module.

I am considering these 2 options:
Doepfer A-118-2
Erica Synth Pico RND

What would you suggest (other options max 4HPs are welcome too), and what are your experiences with these modules?

Other modulation sources I have in the skiff are:
Doepfer A-145-4 Quad LFO
Centrevillage Saw (MS20 style Saw+Square LFO/VCO)
DivKid ochd
Schlappi Engineering Boundary

thanks!

This is my skiff at the moment (Make noise 104hp skiff, which actually has place up to 106HP (!), second row are 5 modules I have aside, and switch times to times to have some variety):
ModularGrid Rack

If you have the space, the Frequency Central Infinitely Maybe looks interesting. Gives you the option to S&H from something else than noise and you can use the noise for something else as S&H as well.

As for other modulation sources - why the (apologies) crazy 4hp limitation? My favorite is Joranalogue Orbit. It’s 10hp, granted, but it gives a very organic non-repetitive modulation source that I use in every track. I can’t remember a single day where I haven’t used it. I got it back when my Intellijel 104hp 7U was half full but it was one of the core modules that moved over to my smaller 84hp 6U rack that I have used on its own for a while. I couldn’t miss it. I’m sure others here have other larger than 4hp modules they have similar experiences with.

Modular playlist on SoundCloud

Thank you for your comments!
Another module I am considerind is also the Colossus Audio RASP
https://colossusaudio.com/

I don't know if you have resolved your question, but SSF DivKid Rnd Step is also an appropriate answer.

'On ne devrait jamais quitter Montauban' (Fernand Naudin).

Thanks!
In the end I ordered the Colossus Audio RASP!