alt text

I'm super new to eurorack, and I'm really interested in generative stuff, but I'm also looking for a setup that lets me be a little more precise with the sound as well. I've been doing a bunch of research over the past week or so, and put together some modules I think would fit that.

Any feedback or help would be really appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Can you tell us a bit more?
Do you plan also to use your modular, also to process external gear?
Check out Ornaments and Crime and Disting Ex. Especially O_C may be very intersting for your generative idea.
Also I highly suggest you to check VCV Rack. It helped me a lot to understand few basic and start putting together ideas for my Skiff.

Also I highly suggest you to check VCV Rack.
-- gila_crisis

This, definitely! You can try Marbles and Clouds in VCV rack. There's also verbs and delays, filters, sequencing, S&H's... It'll give you instant feedback about how to build your modular. I think your idea is good, but don't forget about utilities and basics to control your patches if you want to be precise about the sound. Especially some dedicated attenuverters to mix and attenuate cv sources, lfo's (batumi, ochd...), some mults, vca's etc. Maybe also a clock source and/or divider. Last but not least: a good (stereo multimode) filter can go a long way.

My music on Bandcamp - Instagram - YouTube

thank you both for your help! ill definitely try out vcv rack and i'll check out some more utility modules.

also, is a clock really needed? i thought clocks were only necessary if you had a sequencer.

thanks again!

ill definitely try out vcv rack and i'll check out some more utility modules.

good idea - see my signature fort some hints!!!

also, is a clock really needed? i thought clocks were only necessary if you had a sequencer.

a clock isn't obligatory, but they are incredibly useful... especially when combined with things like switches, logic and dividers (ie utility modules) and some modulation sources - zadar for example is an envelope generator which is triggered instead of gated...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities