My first rack that I assembled with advice of wise people on this Forum (although somewhat loosely - some modules were not available).
I like deep electronic music, melodic or atonal, tech-/house/techno (dub-techno) but sometimes chill with long washed out ambient layers in the back, between 110-126 bpm. These are 2 TipTop Mantis cases stacked:
ModularGrid Rack
There are drum machines on the side, so modular is only for synth voices/granular. Also there is Erica Matrix Mixer for buffered mult and matrix heaven.
I am already enjoying this setup a lot, but some modules have not yet been given attention (who has enough time, right?).
I know that advice is to use space more carefully, which some of these modules clearly ignore. Behringer 305 is 24hp, turns out I'm using it as mixer-panner only (had hoped I'd use EQ to create stereo-effect on pads, but it doesn't do anything to my ears), which can be achieved with probably 8hp. E520 Hyperion is huge, but it can do lovely FX and has screen which I personally love as a newbie.
I have not found (yet) any use for Ornament Crime, because sequencing options are there with Black Sequencer and Endorphines Shuttle Control, which is connected to Ableton for live sequencing.
What do you think is overkill considering other modules making it redundant, and what is missing to your taste?

I know that advice is to use space more carefully, which some of these modules clearly ignore. Behringer 305 is 24hp, turns out I'm using it as mixer-panner only (had hoped I'd use EQ to create stereo-effect on pads, but it doesn't do anything to my ears), which can be achieved with probably 8hp. E520 Hyperion is huge, but it can do lovely FX and has screen which I personally love as a newbie.

there's nothing wrong with large modules as long as you have the rack space for them and use them - eq is a weird one in modular most people use filters much more than eq! nor is there anything wrong with small modules - as long as you can actually use them!

I have not found (yet) any use for Ornament Crime, because sequencing options are there with Black Sequencer and Endorphines Shuttle Control, which is connected to Ableton for live sequencing.

O&C has a lot more functions than sequencing - I'd explore some of these if I were you...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Thanks Jim,

O&C has a lot more functions than sequencing - I'd explore some of these if I were you...

I thought it was a module that plays more central role in smaller setups, but indeed I see it has a lot more than clocking/sequencing, I will start exploring this once I'm more familiar with the basics.

this user has left ModularGrid

SynthDad has comprehensive tutorials on the module.

I was looking for extra envelope generators, turns out O&C can also do that.. Great tutorials, thanks!

You can flash to Hemispheres if nothing in the stock OS is working for you.

Watched the second video - wow it is truly underestimated module.. it can even do maths, rene etc. Will install Hemispheres today. Thanks!