I’ve got it into modular rather late @64 yrs old and being honest it’s been mainly due to having more and more physical problems playing guitar so I got rid of some gear, bought a little Skulpt, then a Mother 32, got hooked, bought a Boog to go with it and then remembered my late little brothers huge Synthesisers.com modular rig, mostly built from kits, by the time he died it was damn near the size of Keith Emersons rig! Watched some YouTube vids and fell down the rabbit hole.
I thought ok I don’t really know what I’m doing so if I buy a rig I can see set up and running on YouTube then I’ll at least be on the right path. Yeah …famous last words..I know, so I bought a little ALM 6u 52hp Added Sono Abitus, a Rangoon, Monsoon, Vermona Melodicer & Pam’s new workout to start with, planning to add a nautilus delay & Morphagene later when funds allow. Ok so it works, it makes some rather satisfying and even occasionally tuneful noises but nothing like my chosen YouTubers little system pulls at what little hair I have left| I then got distracted and had an Oooh shiney moment when I saw a Brains module going cheap on Thomann along with a slim 4 channel mixer only to be slightly disappointed when it got here as I’d veered from my chosen path of a small ambient machine.
I’m persevering and have had lots of fun modulating with the Pam’s, and can’t wait to get my hands on the new one as the screen will be easier for me to see.
I’m not giving up though, I’m learning more each day from you guys on here and several YouTubers.

Thanks for the help and inspiration

Ian