QONG30" (Eurorack patch experiment)

My humble newb patching experiments are yielding such things as the above after a couple of weeks of deep diving into Eurorack.

This is the setup I'm using:
(https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_2173874.jpg)

Constructive criticism and feedback always welcome, especially on technical issues!

Thanks to the community for all the help on the rack layout so that I could get to this point. Couldn't have done it without out you (well, I could've but it would've been far more painful, lol!)...:)

“You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

imho this is actually a nice little rack. If you are just beginning you have all you need VCOs, VCFs, VCA, a sequencer, and some FX. You will of course grow into your own way of using them together and you'll get more stuff soon enough. I suggest as you do to get more simple VCAs and proper ADSRs. Maths is great in a pinch, but good ADSRs open up many new paths for modulation. Can't wait to hear more!

imho this is actually a nice little rack. If you are just beginning you have all you need VCOs, VCFs, VCA, a sequencer, and some FX. You will of course grow into your own way of using them together and you'll get more stuff soon enough. I suggest as you do to get more simple VCAs and proper ADSRs. Maths is great in a pinch, but good ADSRs open up many new paths for modulation. Can't wait to hear more!
-- FredFoxtrott

Thanks for listening and I appreciate the advice!

By more simple VCAs, do you mean non-cascading? Not sure I follow...

ADSR advice, on the other hand, understood and noted! Thank you, again! :)

― Friedrich Nietzsche

I noticed you have Intellijel (love them) Quad VCA, which has great additional features of boosts, individual attenuator pots, etc, WMD makes a real interesting Triple Bi-polar VCA. I don't think you need more VCAs like that. Maybe not as simple as the A-130-8v from Doepfer, but just some extra VCAs that allow you to take advantage of all the power you already have. Oh and along with those VCAs some LFOs, maybe throw an øchd in there :)

I noticed you have Intellijel (love them) Quad VCA, which has great additional features of boosts, individual attenuator pots, etc, WMD makes a real interesting Triple Bi-polar VCA. I don't think you need more VCAs like that. Maybe not as simple as the A-130-8v from Doepfer, but just some extra VCAs that allow you to take advantage of all the power you already have. Oh and along with those VCAs some LFOs, maybe throw an øchd in there :)
-- FredFoxtrott

I do also have the ADE-50 which usually leaves me with plenty of vcas...or at least it hasn't been a problem yet.

I do really like the idea of the øchd, that's a great recommendation for a module of which I was unaware, and I do most often find myself wishing for another dixie (for an lfo source) independent of the dixie itself (rather than just multed or stackcabled). If that makes sense.

Great food for thought. Appreciate the feedback!

― Friedrich Nietzsche

I do also have the ADE-50 which usually leaves me with plenty of vcas...or at least it hasn't been a problem yet.

Bah, my too casual a look blended the ADE-50 with the Maths, totally missed it. Cheers.

What a lovely little system! I enjoyed the low end of your patch a lot. The Source of Uncertainty will be a lot of fun to patch with maths and the 0-ctrl for sure.

Bah, my too casual a look blended the ADE-50 with the Maths, totally missed it. Cheers.

-- FredFoxtrott

It's all good, friend, thanks for taking a look and for the listen! :)

What a lovely little system! I enjoyed the low end of your patch a lot. The Source of Uncertainty will be a lot of fun to patch with maths and the 0-ctrl for sure.
-- zuggamasta

I appreciate the kinds words!

The SoU has been a lot of fun so far, it really kicks things into high gear. :)

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Another patch test from my lil' rack ... I've been putting everything thru their paces, doing deep dives into manuals, finding sweet interactions between units, and generally building up a personal toolbox of patching skills from scratch.

Here's what things are sounding like after 6-8 weeks of euroracking:

https://on.soundcloud.com/Jsq4M

First half is just a jaunty jam, second half cranks up the 266t for some stop-and-start drum stuff.

Bass drum is from the Dixie II+, high hat and snares I'm pulling from the white noise output of the 266t (multed).

Plaits as main synth voice.

I always welcome constructive criticism, lay it on me! :)

Thanks so much for reading, looking, listening, & and feedback!

― Friedrich Nietzsche