When I started out, I did the classic newbie thing of just buying whatever sounded interesting without paying too much attention to how it would actually interact. Now that I've finally got myself a good case, I'm planning out expanding into what always interested me, generative patches.

Please experts, review my proposed upgrades and eviscerate my poor decision making. Intended budget is ~$1000. Details below.

All those modules sectioned off by themselves in the top right are the ones I plan to purchase.
Current Rack: ModularGrid Rack

Details:

• Doepfer A-140-2 - $130 (already purchased)

• Not really related to the generative goal, just replacing my busted AI003, but it counts towards the budget.
  • Acid Rain Chainsaw - $250

• Looking to add another voice, and this one specifically is a low HP way to take advantage of the Harmonaig or pitches going into a shift register.
  • Eric Synths Sequential Switch V2 - $150

• Research told me to get something to anchor a sequence but allow randomness to still pass through, and this seemed like a popular option. I like the idea of "anchoring" with the TM, but slowly unlocking and re-locking over time.
  • Mutable Instruments Branches (or clone) - $120

• Bernoulli gate, more randomness, not sure if it needs explanation. Would love to hear recommendations for good clones.
  • Motion MTR - $135

• Ok TBH this is maybe overkill for my needs, but I wanted something with dedicated offset and I like the pretty colors (but actually being able to easily visualize what your signals are doing is underrated as hell).
  • NLC Squid Axon - $185? (gotta ask my guy about price, not gonna build this one myself cuz SMT and I suck at soldering anyway)

• I wanted a shift register to get some more predictable but varied sound. Perhaps a bit redundant with the Harmonaig, but I like the added chaos on this.
  • Mutable Instruments Kinks (or clone) - $100

• Just a bit more logic, and I don't actually have a great random S&H source. Also I saw a nice little kit with the surface mounts already done that was like $70 so I may snag it just to have a little DIY project.

Altogether that takes me a bit over $1000 and doesn't account for shipping, but I'll survive. I am aware that there is a bit of overlap between some of these proposed purchases and some of my existing modules, but I prefer modules with more explicit functions over broad ones, and I may strip out some of the existing redundant modules. I also have some LFOs on the shortlist, probably Ochd or Triple Sloths to be picked up a bit later.

Please, offer alternative module suggestions or tell me if something here is just a plain bad purchase.

I see that you have cross-posted this on multiple forums. Looks like you are getting reasonable guidance on MW.
Good luck and have fun.