ModularGrid Rack

This is a 58hp, 6u case. The purpose of the rack is to provide utility and processing FX for my PWM Malevolent, which has two oscillators, a mixer, a filter, two ADSR envelopes, and two VCAs.

I also have a 0-CTRL, an Erica Matrix Mixer, and a St. Modular Workbench.

Any feedback welcome.

1 can you please copy and paste the url of your public rack... it really helps us help you - jpgs are blurry and there's over 10k of modules - when we can see your actual rack we get mouse over and click through etc... I would have done this for you, but your rack is private...

2 get a bigger case - no plan survives meeting the enemy - you will want more/different modules in the future and usually buying a larger rack to start with saves money in the long term - a tiptop mantis is an excellent starter case

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

1 can you please copy and paste the url of your public rack... it really helps us help you - jpgs are blurry and there's over 10k of modules - when we can see your actual rack we get mouse over and click through etc... I would have done this for you, but your rack is private...
JimHowell1970

I deprivatized the rack and replaced the original link.

I will definitely consider upgrading my rack. I grabbed this one at a very good discount after dealing with 4MS pods.

thanks... definitely a few modules I'd never seen before!

given the use case - I'm not convinced of the need for the extra vcos - I think I'd have gone more for audio effects - delay, reverb, lofi etc etc not just a single delay and more modulation and utilities...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

given the use case - I'm not convinced of the need for the extra vcos
-- JimHowell1970

I think of the Orbit 3 as more of an LFO. It will probably be useful as an extra VCO, but I honestly haven't thought of it that way very much.

The Virt Iter Legio was definitely intended as my third oscillator, and the options for phase modulation and built-in chorus factored into that.

Since the Malevolent's oscillators have four outs a peace, the noise engineering module sets up some great options for layered drones.

I have been thinking of using my Digitakt for reverb, because one of the recent firmwares allows for using that box as an effects processor for other gear. We'll see how that goes, but you are probably right in your suggestion for finding a good reverb module.