I've been scratching my head for a 2hp module to fill out this case and thought I'd put it out there to try and gather some inspiration. This won't be the end of my rack as things will get inevitably expanded on but I just wanted to get this space filled for now and I'm interested to hear what others may suggest.

note: its a Moog skiff so can only handle up to about 45mm depth (so I'm told).

thanks

FYI you can fit deeper modules in any skiff or case by using standoffs. You can get packs of hundreds of them in different lengths from places like Amazon for about $15. You screw the standoff into the slot and then screw the module in via a thread in the standoff. I like the brass ones as the nylon ones can break too easily.

That would free you up to choose any 2hp (brand) module. Maybe the mixer would be a good match as you don’t seem to have one.

FYI you can fit deeper modules in any skiff or case by using standoffs. You can get packs of hundreds of them in different lengths from places like Amazon for about $15. You screw the standoff into the slot and then screw the module in via a thread in the standoff. I like the brass ones as the nylon ones can break too easily.

That would free you up to choose any 2hp (brand) module. Maybe the mixer would be a good match as you don’t seem to have one.

-- main_tenant

hhmmm - not convinced by this: it potentially exposes the boards/components to the wild - ie short circuiting them by accidentally coming into contact with stray patch cables etc - which may or may not damage the module and/or power supply...

in other words do this at your own risk...

& just because someone has done this and not short circuited anything so far, doesn't mean it's not going to happen - it just means it hasn't happened to them, yet!

and it looks crap...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

It may not win any design awards but it works well enough for me and lets me use whatever modules I want to which is a win in my book.

I would definitely heed Jims warning. It's about what could go wrong not what has gone wrong.

Thanks for the comments, I wasn't aware of standoffs but can see they're controversial!

I have inevitably gone over my hp allowance anyway now and added another row to accommodate the utilities and modulation I so desperately needed