Hiya,
this is the rack I have sat above my moog matriarch, i like using them together but also enjoy this as being a very capable standalone setup.
I recently replaced my 9u of rackbrutes with a 9u 104hp case, so I have some space to fill and looking for suggestions

I've had my eye on a Plonk for a little bit (I have an Erica Synths Sample Drum I want to swap one for), and was also thinking of replacing the Spice VCF with a Jove, I was also thinking a mixer and perhaps a cv crossfader. Any suggestions appreciated!

I'd definitely want more utilities - logic, sequential switches, mixers (sub/matrix), clock dividers etc etc and possibly some more effects and modulation, before buying any more sound sources...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

sound sources < sound modifiers < modulation sources < utilities

Yeah, I think utilities is what is needed the most. I'm a bit sound source heavy

I'm looking at the happy nerding 3xMIA for a bipolar mixer, and also the TipTop Buchla Dual Voltage processor as possibilities. Any other must have utilities you'd recommend?
Cheers

Yeah, I think utilities is what is needed the most. I'm a bit sound source heavy

I'm looking at the happy nerding 3xMIA for a bipolar mixer, and also the TipTop Buchla Dual Voltage processor as possibilities. Any other must have utilities you'd recommend?
Cheers
-- samhstewart

Matrix mixers (doepfer or nlc), sequential switches (doepfer) , logic (joranalogue), a kinks clone and or a xaoc samara ii...

"some of the best base-level info to remember can be found in Jim's sigfile" @Lugia

Utility modules are the dull polish that makes the shiny modules actually shine!!!

Erica synths makes an external matrix mixer I believe for eurorack if you don't want to use space for it.

Erica synths makes an external matrix mixer I believe for eurorack if you don't want to use space for it.
-- benscott

they do... but it's quite big and complicated and expensive - at least 4 times the price of the doepfer!!!

@JimHowell1970, duly noted but wanted to throw it out there as an option.

@JimHowell1970, duly noted but wanted to throw it out there as an option.
-- benscott

yeah I know, I know... but I think it's much better to buy something inexpensive and simple, before going expensive & complex... it's the same with the instruo lion... looks great, but it's expensive, not obvious in how to use it and has special cables to easily lose