This modular piece is an enhanced and extended version of the entry I submitted for the 2023 ModWiggler.com Song Contest. The entry tied for the third place prize. :-) The prize I got was a Flight of Harmony Famine 500 - I have yet to summon the courage to try it...

The challenge was to do a cover song OR an original work, using effects/sound processing to ultimately shape the piece, AND for original works it must use counterpoint, AND all phrases must be an odd number of bars. Each bar can be an even number of beats, 4/4, whatever, but the number of bars per phrase must be odd. I choose to do an original piece. Quite a challenge.

This jam is in Cm. The phrases are 3 bars, four notes per bar. In this extended version I mess with the sequence order quite a bit. The effects that make this interesting to me are three separate delay modules each running at different rates on their parts - makes for some really cool rhythms, especially on the drums and the pluck track. The delays totally change the character of the raw tracks and I fade them in and out to highlight the overall influence.

I made this weird animation with Artmatic so I thought I would try to blend the two videos together.

Detailed Patch Notes are in the description on YouTube. Cheers!