I'm not a modular noob and know how to use a voltmeter but am confused how to properly calibrate my Synth Machine module by Synth Factory. One day both it's oscillators went significantly out of tune, the module came with no documentation and the manufacturer either no longer exists or refuses to respond to multiple communication attempts over the past two years. I really love the module's versatility and sound but it's practically useless this out of tune.

I've noticed four trimmable components per oscillator on the back of the module: range, scale, high end trim and pulse width adjust. I was able to make significant improvements using a voltmeter with all but the pulse width adjuster, but this is relatively speaking since it only tracks almost two octaves; before it could barely track one.

The problem is I have no idea how to properly calibrate and suspect there's a particular order the trimmers should be adjusted to do so. I'm hoping someone here understands what the trimmers do (beyond the little that seems obvious to me) and can give me some brief advice on calibrating them. If it helps to know, I just got a Dave Jones O'Tool module to support the effort better than my large and limited-capability voltmeter might.

Here's a pic of the back of the module...

http://www.schneidersladen.de/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/2/121005_3.jpg

Thanks!

I managed to figure out a successful calibration process for this module after three days of trial and error. Reply or msg me if you need the info.

Also want to add that this module was (as printed on pcb) "Design[ed] by Anywhere Instruments".

Considering they've never replied to my inquiries about the module over the years, I'll surely never buy anything they manufacture.