Hi everybody!

I wanted to ask your opinions of what module should I by next. My workflow is based on purely sampling raw signals from my not-so-huge rack and then applying filtering and post effects on the software end. I'd like to keep it that way, so I'm looking for mainly signal processing/distortion/waveshaper modules that would produce some crazy grittyness and awesome dirt to the signal before the sampling process. Roland Aira Torcido and Bitrazer seem to be quite interesting.. any great suggestions from you guys?

ARIA stuff kind of tends to be a power-suck on startup. Unless you need the user-programmable processes, I wouldn't do those. Look instead at the classic manglers: Elby's (Serge) Triple Waveshaper, Tiptop's FOLD, Intellijel's folder, the various Doepfer distortion/waveshaping modules, etc. Cheaper, better power-draws, very capable, and smaller. Gives you a bit more room for a mixer that allows you to move from wavefold to wavefold to morph timbres, too. Also look into some 'abusable' modules, such as comparators and the like where you can 'square-off' an incoming waveform into something delightfully ugly. Mix a bit of that gibberish in with the other, and you're in Industrial Heaven! :)

Hi all, I have recently started down the modular rabbit hole after buying a Mother 32 but have set myself a limit of one 84hp row as I already have other GnCV stuff (MFOS minilab and SH101 etc)
I love the M32 and it’s not going anywhere BUT I’m looking for opinions on building the ultimate 84hp. I currently have Mutable Links, PM foundations micro VCO, Erica Polivoks(ish) ADSR and a Disting Mk3 which has filled my row. The ADSR is useful but at 8hp it seems a bit of a waste of space - what other units could I replace it with? My music varies from bass heavy riffs to whacked out deep space sound and experimental noise/drone. Thoughts please!

Dit Non!

Well, the ultimate space saving could be realized with a 2hp ADSR ... I have one and it works just fine :)

Not a bad idea, that...and it opens up another 6hp. For that hole, I'd be inclined to go for something the M32 doesn't exactly have. and if it were my money, and given the music choice here, I think you might find Intellijel's muMod an interesting candidate. Not yr avg ringmod, this thing (it's actually a quadrant multiplier)...capable of a few extra tricks, plus it gives you separate outputs for 'sum' and 'difference', normally used as logical functions but definitely has 'abuse potential' for frequency-shift-type behavior, weird VCA-ish activity, amplitude-modulation strangeness, and so on.