slick!

Quite spiffy, yep...wonder which return is active if you only have a TS 1/4" coming back in in mono, tho...

Only photoshopped the blur image for a cleaner overview

If this comes out, I'd like to try it on my Big Muff fuzz. Sorry for the visuals.

Quite spiffy, yep...wonder which return is active if you only have a TS 1/4" coming back in in mono, tho...
-- Lugia

Almost certainly the left input.

Can I use this as a level shifter for an Octatrack?

-- mntbighker

I've used it as a level shifter for an MPC, guitar pedals, external synths, and a Mackie 1202VLZ. I've found it very useful.

-- mntbighker

I've used it as a level shifter for an MPC, guitar pedals, external synths, and a Mackie 1202VLZ. I've found it very useful.

-- farkas

Thanks man, I'm sticking in in my external 4MS pod that hosts mu ES9 power HOG ;-)

Edit: Aaaannnd... yeah, those levels look way better.

-- mntbighker

Don’t know. Does the Octatrack take instrument level?

I’d think it takes line level.

-- mntbighker

-- clwilla

Yeah, so the Strymon says it does 18db drop/boost. By the looks of the levels I'd say 12db would be better. 5 volts is obviously way too hot, but 18db down is a bit too low. If line level is 2 volts I wonder what 18db gets you down to.

-- mntbighker

-- clwilla

Yeah, so the Strymon says it does 18db drop/boost. By the looks of the levels I'd say 12db would be better. 5 volts is obviously way too hot, but 18db down is a bit too low. If line level is 2 volts I wonder what 18db gets you down to.

-- mntbighker

What you want is something like the Intellijel Audio Interface II. Stereo line in and out. You can use it as a send return for line level gear, or to use your synth as an effect for something in your DAW. That’s a 10hp module.

You can also use the Joranalogue Receive 2 and Transmit 2, which will get you studio quality I/O that can handle anything from mic level to line level in and out.

Also, instrument level is 1-1.736v.

What do we think of the 4MS Listen IO? Also, I could use the ES-9 1/4 inch outputs via the ES-9 mixer. Then I would just need an input level shifter. Like the Erica Pico Input?

What do we think of the 4MS Listen IO? Also, I could use the ES-9 1/4 inch outputs via the ES-9 mixer. Then I would just need an input level shifter. Like the Erica Pico Input?
-- mntbighker

-- mntbighker

I’m sure the 4ms would work.

Yes. That could work, although I don’t know if the Pico is stereo in or not.

My suggestion would be to have a look at Ladik's A-5xx series. There's several possible solutions in there, some of which also include line-level input to modular level out capabilities. The fixed-level ones are especially cheap and don't require much in the way of fiddling around.

I ordered the 4MS Listen IO from Perfect Circuit. However my head is starting to hurt thinking about how I should connect the OctaTrack to my WMD Performance Mixer via the Listen IO. Ideally you should be able to route signals to and from the Octatrack at will between PM channels, so you can make full use of the OT effects. There is also the matter of using the second pair of Octatrack inputs. So my current setup using the stereo effects loop is probably the wrong choice, since it's all or nothing. The trouble is that most of my gear is stereo, and I mix it through the Befaco ST Mix before the PM. So like I said it's making my head hurt ;-)