this user has left ModularGrid

Hi there

New registrant to this site and first post so forgive if incorrect location or protocol.

Synthesis Technology is available in Eurorack manufacturer dropdown list but not MU where they are currently attributed as "other/unknown" for their respective modules in that format. Synth Tech have been quite legit for a while, I think. ;-)

Cheers

Thanks for the hint, I have corrected it.
Cheers ... and welcome!

Knut

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

I think that Synth Tech MU modules were in Other/Unknown because they never manufactured any MU modules. Any of the ones in ModularGrid are DIY hacks by individuals, at least that I can recall. I'm not saying to do it one way or another, I'm just saying. ;-)

Actually, is there a MG rule on that? I'm never sure if I should put a module that was DIY'd into a different format under the manufacturer of the "guts" or if it should be under Other/Unknown??

I think that Synth Tech MU modules were in Other/Unknown because they never manufactured any MU modules. Any of the ones in ModularGrid are DIY hacks by individuals, at least that I can recall. I'm not saying to do it one way or another, I'm just saying. ;-)

Ah John, you're right.

Actually, is there a MG rule on that? I'm never sure if I should put a module that was DIY'd into a different format under the manufacturer of the "guts" or if it should be under Other/Unknown??
-- JohnLRice

It's a bit tricky. While DIYers want to show respect by labeling their builds with the inventors brand, some manufacturers don't want to have DIY modules labeled with their brand. Our suggestion is to better not label DIY builds because if manufacturers complain we remove them anyway.

-- JohnLRice

It's a bit tricky. While DIYers want to show respect by labeling their builds with the inventors brand, some manufacturers don't want to have DIY modules labeled with their brand. Our suggestion is to better not label DIY builds because if manufacturers complain we remove them anyway.
-- modulargrid

Thanks! :-)

I have rechecked and asked Mr Schreiber:
Synthesis Technology does not manufacture the MU modules and for that reason prefers not to be listet as a MU Manufacturer.