Hi,
I really like the concept of Pico System from Erica synth. I'm thinking about a similarly usable small entry-level systems from other vendors. How would you design a mini-system from 2HP for example? Any ideas/suggestions?
Cheers, A.

Something like this, for example?

ModularGrid Rack

Note that there's a few non-2hp things in here. First and most important, a Koma Strom+ power supply. This thing draws nearly a full amp on the +12v rail, so you HAVE to have a beefy p/s. Second, I had to go with two Erica Picos for an input and output stage, as 2hp doesn't make anything of the sort. No waveshapers or ring mods, either...so that's how the CFM rectifier and Circuit Abbey Twiggy got in there, although they fit the designated form factor.

Anyway, this resulted in a typical 84 hp cab stuffed with the above, plus six VCOs, MIDI interface, six VCAs, two LFOs, three VCFs (two multimode, one LP), four EGs (two AR, two ADSR), four 4-1 mixers, the usual clock, noise, random, S&H and a logic module, plus 16 step x 3 channels of sequencing, quantizer, a delay and stereo reverb. Came out to about $4200, minus the case of course as well as whatever power bussing might be on the inside...which will be very interesting given that you're going to have to figure out how to power up a system that requires 38 bus connections in an 84 hp cab! So, yeah...doable, but there's some interesting challenges that a system like this poses.

Hahaha... that looks awesome. I never dared even to start putting together a box like this... But it's definitely looks like fun. Let me see once again what's in there. :D