Hello ,
What do you make of this as a stand alone instrument?
The "Cosmic Noise" is basically two Jupiter Storm's.
It's going in Doepfer A-100G6 Rackmountable Eurorack Case with Power Supply.
I want it to work with or without a controller/keyboard, but I have an old Arturia KeyLab 49 that will likely be hooked up most of the time.

ModularGrid Rack

Burousu

I can see that working for noise/industrial-type stuff, yeah. Although, my instinct would be to eliminate one of the Optomixes in favor of a proper VCO so you can get good audio-frequency modulation. In fact, one pops into mind immediately: Doepfer's A-143-9...quadrature VCO/LFO. That way, you get AF...but you can also switch it down to LFO range and make big use of the quadrature-phased outputs on the VCAs, O&C, etc.

Thanks Lugia,

I'm going for an aggressive edge to Blues/Rock.
The terminology "noise/industrial-type stuff" scared me a bit, but I've been listening to some music with that tag and, yeah...A nudge in that direction is what I'm looking for.
If I can't tame the Cosmic noise I'll pull it and go more conventional.

The quadrature VCO/LFO you suggest sounds like a good idea, I'll contemplate it.
Might need another row.

Take care,
Burousu

Burousu

If you want to stick with two rows, have a peek at Erica's 126 hp deep cases...Perfect Circuit has those in the USA. Great price for the size, nice hefty power supply, and major depth, even above the power supply. But yeah, I get the idea now...sort of a modular synth take on an old blown-up Supro amp sound, sort of Howling Wolf-esque.