Hi,
I've finally dipped my big toe into Eurorack! I want a drum/sampler core and put this together. Do I need more being a newbie?
https://cdn.modulargrid.net/img/racks/modulargrid_712881.jpg

Depends. The two main issues I see here are 1) what exactly do you intend to do with the sampler and 2) is this more drum-centered or sampler-centered.

For the first point, is the idea that you want to live-sample and manipulate that flow (in which case the Morphagene is perfect) or to have a large amount of triggerable samples onhand in various banks?

As for the second, the real issue will be the sequencer. If you plan on doing a lot of pitched-type electronic percussion, then the Eloquencer is excellent. But if the idea is to use 'fixed' drum sounds, then something simpler and more trigger-oriented might be better. Plus, whichever choice is the primary idea, you'll still need to control a sampler. The Morphagene can work fine with something simple, but if you want a lot of samples and such under the sequencer's control, then something more complex such as a Squarp Hermod might be a better idea.

I'm very happy for the reply Lugia!
I think I know what I want to do, but putting it into a cohesive paragraph was always going to be a problem! I want to create melodic percussion incorporating Eloquencer/LIP being live-sampled by Morphagene, random rhythms with Pico Drums and Pam. I now understand that more mods are needed to play with the Eloquencer. What drum mods do you suggest? You are right though; how do I sequence the Morphagene?

The Morphagene should 'play nice' with the Eloquencer's CV outputs as well as the gating. As to exactly how to do it, that's best answered by yourself once the modules are in hand, as your best method might not be the same as mine. So...what I would suggest is to add a trigger sequencer, potentially clocked by Pamela's, to deal with dedicated drum triggers as well as triggering any envelopes, etc. The Pamela's should probably be locked to an incoming MIDI clock via that interface, which you can either pass from the Pamela's to the Eloquencer, or you can mult the MIDI interface's master clock to both. Eloquencer is also excellent for the Noise Eng. module.

As for which drums...hmm...that's more a matter of what sort of music you're trying to do. I'd suggest spending a good bit of time researching the drum modules on here, particularly if the listings have links to video/audio material where you can get a good idea of what sounds you're going to get. Also, you'll want a few more submix channels as the amount of drum modules grows; I'm also not sure that the Mixup is the right device for the job here, as something with actual pan controls would make more sense for your final stereo mixer.

The modules are in hand since yesterday! My first steps into racks! Nothing's 'playing nice' yet but I hear 'magic' from time to time. I don't know -yet- how to set the Morphagene to the Eloquencer other than basic triggers, and you mention a trigger sequencer. Could you explain why I need a trigger and what type: big, small, I don't know what you mean? Sorry... Thanks for your very valued feedback!