Thoughts?

Looks like a solid eastcoast rack. Two MIDI interfaces?

The goal pf the second one is to be able to set and modify delay and reverb time and sync with bpm easily, and still play the synth via external controller. Can this be accomplished with 1?

Depends on the available CV outputs. You are right, this can be a bottleneck.
When I started modular I wanted to control everything via MIDI but very quickly lost my interest in it.
But if you using a DAW and a Multi Out Audio Interface to sequence are you aware about the PlugIn solutions like Silent Way?
For DAW sync you can also just output an audio click track, needs no MIDI to do so.

Didnt think of the click track. Very cool

Yep. And for shameless self promotion: skip one interface and reserve the space for an Ultima Ratio, a clock divider which is build for such purposes and will be available soon

Good points. Be aware, the Pittsburgh one only outputs 1/4 note clocks. Strange decision there.

I'm using the Mutable Instruments Yarns along with other clock modules like Pamela's Workout. Yarns can control a LOT. It might even be less or about the same as the 2 interfaces. Yet it can do poly modes, extensive clock and trigger modes, arpeggiation and up to 4 sequences. It's pretty insane for what it can provide in 12hp.

Those look much more capable than the doepfer/PM combo. Reworked...