This is getting hard to wrap my head around. I thought I could stop at 6u 84 and be content but clearly that was naive. Recently Ive reached a bit of a plateau and it's become painfully clear that I'm not using modular in anywhere near the capacity it offers. Just expanded by another 3u 84 and bought a couple new modules (ornament and crime, tiktok), but I'd love to get some outside views on ways I can expand my potential most efficiently. Most modules here are owned minus Pico drums, tangle quartet, batumi, quantum rainbow and 3x MIA. I'd like mostly to make semi-ambient / chords with a lead, strange techno / rhythmic loops, and general bass sound design. An expansion to 12u is most likely (but I'd like to see it contained there for a moment). I have a neunaber wet guitar pedal for reverb and a pocket operator for simple drum beats. If anyone can identify strategies I'm not taking advantage of, I'd be grateful to hear your thoughts. I'm starting to get confused, albeit immersed in a beautiful chaos. Thank you for your time and consideration & I love this community.

ModularGrid Rack

Hi there,

I think your "problem" is fairly common and constitutes the addictive component in eurocrack : the perpetually missing link which incites you to buy more modules only to realize that you aren't able to fully exploit what you've already got. An occasional remedy is to empty your rack and then just fill one row to concentrate on a few modules --- and stop looking at buy/sell pages ;) (for a short while anyway).