Hi everyone. I am both new to modulargrid and modulars in general. Wanting to increase my sound palette, a couple of months ago I bought a Pittsburgh System 90. I also have been wanting to do efx processing on outboard gear to hopefully get a warmer, sometimes nastier more organic feel than what I can get from working in the box. After investigating multiple rack and pedal units I've come to the conclusion I could get a lot more diversity of sound and modulation from a modular. So, in summary, I am looking to build a multipurpose modular effects processor. I plan to run all sort of audio through this thing, like audio from my DAW, guitars, synths vocals, pots, pans, dogs barking, etc.

Some of the basic things I know I want are
* Phase Shifter
* Delay
* Reverb (would like really long reverbs and possibly spring)
* Distortion
* Compressor
* Filter
* Envelope follower & generator
* Ins/Outs
* Mults/Mixers

Here is the link to my Effects Processor

I plan to send clock and audio out from my DAW through the ES-3 and then audio back in to the DAW mainly through and ES-6 but sometimes directly patched into my soundcard.

I've done research, I've listened to tons of modules but I would like your opinions. Are the modules I am selecting something you like/hate/stupid/redundant/pointless etc.? Am I missing something entirely?

Also, I apologize for my redundancy to any of you that frequent gearslutz or muffwiggler as I will probably post this there as well.

First thing, I think you have made a good decision to go modular. Beside being horrendous expensive and a huge time hog it is also very rewarding.
I don't know every one of your chosen modules but overall the selection looks good for FX.
I think sooner or later you want to have some oscillators and filters too. After all the modular should work as a synth too?!

Hi solitud, thanks for the reply and advice. I'll watch my bank account shrink a little for sure, but I'll keep tabs I bought Pittsburgh System 90 about 2 months ago which has a couple of oscillators and a LPF/LPG. I plan to often patch it with this EFX rack I am trying to build. Both of those should really keep me occupied for quite some time, but I plan to have future additions of a sound generation rack and a modulation/sequeciung rack somewhere down the road. Probably a couple of years or if I move to a bigger apartment someday.

I'm really looking for some odd and off beat things for this rack and to maximize its sound processing capabilities. I feel like the mults and mixes will really help me create some weird chains. However, I truly won;t know until I start getting some of the gear. I'm going to start with the ins and outs, phase, delay, reverb maths and mults. The rest will come later.

Here is the System 90 ModularGrid Rack

So I've totally changed my strategy realizing I want to not only process audio, but work from the modular as well. This is my current rack after the change ModularGrid Rack

i just got the rosie !! great unit, i am using the fx send- return to send audio to ableton live ( fx )
A and B are being feed by two moddemix units , this way i can plug in a lot of things on the fly
--- with the make noise FX units, your good :)