I'm constructing my first modular synth and it's going to be used for drums, I want to generate percussive hits that crack and whip with flexible routing options so I can get what's in my head into a tangible sound.

I've gotten as far as I can go with MG's modular planner, and I was hoping some of you pros on the forums could take a peek and tell me if I'm leaving anything out. This is going to be a pretty barebones setup, but I want to make sure I'm not leaving any obvious modules out (VCA's,Mixers)

Below is the list of modules in my rack-

Pittsburgh Modular Midi-CV

Pittsburgh Modular Synth Block- For versatility, Monosynth LFO VCA VCF all in one.

Pittsburgh Modular Toolbox (Does this work well for white noise?)

Pittsburgh Modular Mixer

Livewire Freqensteiner- I like this filter in high pass, overall good sound for my purposes.

Tip Top Audio z4000 EG- I like the sound of this e.g. Very quick and snappy

Tip Top Audio Trigger Riot- This one I am not sure about yet. I really like it for it's style of sequencing, but I have only seen it used for the other Tip Top drum modules. How will it do triggering an envelope with white noise? Does it have it's own internal clock? Also, I don't mind using a computer for sequencing, but having a go to drum sequencer as flexible and useable as the trigger riot seems like a good idea. I just want to make sure I can sync it with my DAW's tempo, or vice versa. Also hooking it up to a volca beats seems like it would be fun, all things I'm sure you can probably do, but I want to make sure as it's not a cheap module.

Here is my modular, please tell me if I'm missing anything obvious, or anything that would prevent the rack from working the way I need it to!

Thank you God bless,

G

http://cdn.modulargrid.de/img/racks/modulargrid_135925.jpg

P.s. Will one VCA be enough?