damn this looks nice! gonna try it for sure :)

Do we really need a separate entry for different firmware? The module looks the same regardless...

We have one for Sheep, so I assumed it was ok...

We have one for Sheep, so I assumed it was ok...

-- TidalWaveform

Yes, but just think about what we gain from it? It's really still just Braids, and now we have multiple entries to keep in sync with regards to power and so on.

This is valuable info for sure but I see a problem with duplicate too. I think it would be better to attach the Bees in the Trees info to Braids or as a forum entry linked to the module.
Just "comment" the text to Braids and a forum entry will automatically generated.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

come on guys, let the sheep and bees modules live on the grid. you might wanna put a braids next to your bees ;)

Tried to delete it, other folks are already using it in racks so the system won't let it. Also, apparently some of the documentation copied directly from the project page is either wrong, misleading, out of date or otherwise bad, and the author wants it taken down...

So, admin, you will need to delete it, it won't let me.

Hi, I'm the author of the Bees-in-the-Trees alternative firmware. I don't want the impression given that it is an official Mutable Instruments product, because it isn't, nor that is a product at all - it is experimental firmware. Nor does it have a price - it's free, so I don't want people thinking it costs $399 either. Finally, the information provided is an ill-chosen cut-and-paste from an earlier version of the firmware project page. I agree with @modulargrid: I'm happy to provide a suitable comment on the Braids entry, but I really don't want Bees-in-the-Trees to have its own duplicate module entry. It isn't a module. The Sheep alternative firmware for the Mutable Tides module is different because it is written and published by Olivier Gillet of Mutable Instrument himself, and he is even selling an alternative panel for it. There is no alternative panel for Bees-in-the-Trees, because it doesn't need one, but the Bees-in-the-Trees entry gives the distinct impression that there is. For all these reasons, I'd be grateful if the entry for Bees-in-the-Trees could be removed, please.

Tim C

I have unlisted the module formerly known as Bees in the Trees. It won't pop up in the module browser anymore.
It's not easy to delete it completely without messing up racks from users but I think it's o.k. to have a reference here in the forum what the discussion was about.
@Bennelong.Bicyclist: I am sure many people are interested in this, so it would be great if you mention it in the Braids Thread. This way it will show up on the Braids detail page as a comment, too.
Thanks all, I think we have cleared it up.

Beep, Bopp, Bleep: info@modulargrid.net

Thanks for dealing with it, both of you!

I have unlisted the module formerly known as Bees in the Trees. It won't pop up in the module browser anymore.
It's not easy to delete it completely without messing up racks from users but I think it's o.k. to have a reference here in the forum what the discussion was about.
@Bennelong.Bicyclist: I am sure many people are interested in this, so it would be great if you mention it in the Braids Thread. This way it will show up on the Braids detail page as a comment, too.
Thanks all, I think we have cleared it up.
-- modulargrid

@modulargrid, OK, that's fine, many thanks for fixing this. @TidalWaveform, I wasn't annoyed, just concerned that people might form the wrong impression of what Bees-in-the-Trees is. In particular, it isn't a product, it isn't for sale, and it isn't officially associated with Mutable Instruments in any way. I'll add a comment about Bees-in-the-Tree to the Braids module entry.

Cheers,

Tim C

haven't had time to install just yet, but da bees seem to take care of the all issues i have with my old braids and more.
better envelope/lfo(those original curves suck), open cv routing destinations and the meta sequencer will make me keep the thing.
gonna install da bees tonight and wish there was a bees-faceplate if its as good as it sounds.
glad i put da bees into my virtual rack here before it got deleted

gonna install da bees tonight and wish there was a bees-faceplate if its as good as it sounds.

It doesn't require a different faceplate. All the physical inputs, outputs and controls are the same as the official Braids firmware.

It doesn't require a different faceplate. All the physical inputs, outputs and controls are the same as the official Braids firmware.

-- Bennelong.Bicyclist

yeah sure, but da bees looks and sounds better