I am hoping to get some unusual yet fun results from this setup, working alongside my non-modular gear setup. Any ideas or comments on this rack o' things?

Hmmm.... a lot of filtering options. I'd be tempted to drop one of them and add a delay module to go with the DrumDokta.

Also, what's supplying the clock signal for the drums/sequencer?

I use a TR-626 drum machine trig-out to sync the DD2, works great! I hope to use some of the modular filter options out there to process other gear like people used to do with the classic MS-20 filter. I like the other outboard gear I own but the modular world has so many amazing filters, I want them on my other sounds!

Ah, I can understand that. My modular only has FX modules (filters, echo, distortion, and such) because I use it as the FX chain for my hardware synths.

I've read that the drum sounds on the TR-626 are rather disappointing, so I can understand why you'd want the DrumDokta too.

Looks good!

Thanks! I don't use any sounds off the TR-626, theyre so awful, but I love how it for sequencing an Airbase99 and also a SoundCanvas-55 (very nice 808 kit and of course any other GM drum sound). I'm totally happy with the DrumDokta2, got into it this weekend and its so alive and has great controls and sequencer functions. Always have loved the DR-110 sounds but this machine is incredibly better than that original.

Do you have any need to mixers or attenuators to throw outboard gear into your modular FX?

I've got a some vintage Korg and Novation rack synths that I route through a rack-mounted stereo line mixer. From there, an 8-channel snake runs over to my mixing desk that controls all my outboard sound gear and connects to my DAW.

My modular is inserted on a stereo pair between the rack mixer and the desk mixer.

To make that work, I needed balanced stereo ins/outs, so I went with a Vermona TAI-4. Shortly after I got it, I discovered that overdriving those transformers adds such creamy distortion to those vintage synths, that I fell in love with that Vermona module. Glad I spent the money.

This is my current modular setup. In the future, I'll be adding several more filters, reverb/chorus, and more modulation options.

ModularGrid Rack

Whoa that sounds interesting! I use a Boss BX-8 to submix my Airbase99 and it can add nice crunch but nothing creamy ever. Nice rack and thank you for the info, appreciate it.